Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Epilepsy or migraine?

(4 Posts)
user1475141640 Thu 29-Sep-16 10:43:07

Hi. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with my first.

I have epilepsy which I have been fit free for years but over the last week or so I have been feeling like I have been having an aura. Main question is though, could this just be a migraine as I have had severe headaches since getting pregnant?

Thanks x

anonymice Thu 29-Sep-16 10:47:34

Are you under a consultant for your pregnancy ? Its worth flagging this with your epilepsy nurse and consultant. It might be that they will advise raising your dose of anti convulsants ? Mine went up during my pregnancy as I started to feel seizure-y in the second trimester. Report back and let us know what they say it definitely don't leave this.

user1475141640 Thu 29-Sep-16 10:53:12

I was signed off from my consultant a few years ago but I have a telephone consultation with the gp today.

I just feel awful for work, this is the 4th day off sick since I found out I was pregnant (I found out at 4 weeks)

user1475141640 Thu 29-Sep-16 14:39:49

Went to the GP, they think it's migraines but have referred me. More I think about it, the more I believe it is my migraines. They've given me cocodamol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now