Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8w 2d with brown discharge

(23 Posts)
mommathatwearspink Wed 28-Sep-16 19:25:19

I'm 8w 2d and whilst in the shower half an hour ago I started with brown discharge. There is quite a bit when I wipe but it is definitely brown at the moment. I'm sat here scared and don't know what to do, I'm terrified that this is the beginning of a miscarriage. I am due at the EPU tomorrow for a follow up scan after some bleeding at the beginning... they put it down to implantation but wanted to check me again in two weeks. Do I ring them tonight and see what they advise? sad

ConvincingLiar Wed 28-Sep-16 19:37:57

I wouldn't bother. You're fortunate to be booked in for a scan tomorrow. That's the best you could hope to achieve. It won't necessarily be a miscarriage, just hang tight and see what tomorrow brings.

(If you start bleeding heavily or have a lot of pain then I would seek advice).

sonlypuppyfat Wed 28-Sep-16 20:09:38

I had that it's really horrible and scary my baby is now 17 and a strapping lad

Ladybird333 Wed 28-Sep-16 20:12:52

I did too and my GP said it's quite normal. Brown is ok. Red would be more concerning. flowers

MyNameWasAlreadyTaken Wed 28-Sep-16 20:14:36

If you've got a scan tomorrow I would wait till then. Nothing would change or nothing they could do to stop a mc if scanned any earlier.
Try not to worry. Brown blood is old blood, so if you had a bleed 2 weeks ago it could be residue from that bleed. If it gets red, heavy or cramps it's not as positive but still not necessarily a mc.

littlefrenchonion Wed 28-Sep-16 22:07:41

I'm literally having this now - I had a scan a week ago and it was an old clot from where placenta attached. They didn't seem remotely worried and said its really, really common. good luck tomorrow flowers

neonrainbow Wed 28-Sep-16 22:11:13

I had this too. Everything is fine now at 18 weeks touch wood. It was just implantation bleeding. Brown isn't too worrying it's bright red you need to be a bit more concerned about. Sorry to sound harsh but if something has happened there's not really anything anyone can do and you're already being seen tomorrow. Good luck!

thisagain Wed 28-Sep-16 22:16:56

I've had it before and all been fine. In fact, because I don't have periods, it was my first sign of being pregnant as I never bled any other time. Hope all is well for you. flowers

Kintan Wed 28-Sep-16 22:22:51

I had this at around 6 and 9 weeks, and am almost 23 weeks now. Brown blood is old blood, it's red blood you need to be concerned with as far as I'm aware. Good luck tomorrow!

mommathatwearspink Thu 29-Sep-16 04:08:30

Thank you for all of your stories! I rang EPU last night and they said that brown is more reassuring than red and to try and rest before my scan in the morning. I'm currently awake (not helped by the cold I've got!) and hoping for the best today.

ButtMuncher Thu 29-Sep-16 04:31:06

Hope all is well - as others have said, brown is more reassuring than red.

Good luck for today flowers

thisagain Thu 29-Sep-16 06:49:03

Hope all goes well today. flowers

Optimist3 Thu 29-Sep-16 07:01:41

Brown is fine. I had brown with all 4 of my kids

Pootle40 Thu 29-Sep-16 07:16:39

Hi I had this with both my pregnancies, every day between about 6&9weeks. Boys are now healthy 2 & 6 year olds! Hope everything ok for you.

ConvincingLiar Thu 29-Sep-16 07:20:11

Good luck today!

mommathatwearspink Thu 29-Sep-16 08:03:15

Thank you all smile On my way to my appointment now. It eased off overnight but started up again once I was up and about this morning. I'll report back later.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Thu 29-Sep-16 09:18:56

I had bright red spotting once at 6 weeks and brown discharge until 9.

38 weeks now, all seems well.

mommathatwearspink Thu 29-Sep-16 10:22:43

Baby is doing well, measuring 8w 5d and heart rate is as it should be (it was slow at previous scan). They couldn't see anything that could of caused the brown discharge, although the area of old blood has gone so it could be that passing. Feeling relieved to say the least. Thank you for all of your support smile

Kintan Thu 29-Sep-16 10:39:05

That's great news, I'm really pleased for you!

Rubberduck2 Thu 29-Sep-16 10:46:26

Brilliant news OP flowers

thisagain Thu 29-Sep-16 11:01:46

Excellent news!

sonlypuppyfat Thu 29-Sep-16 12:24:50

I'm so glad, I hope we were able to put your mind at rest last night

ConvincingLiar Thu 29-Sep-16 16:29:57

Great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now