Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after implant removal? Need advice

(11 Posts)
user1474949113 Tue 27-Sep-16 05:21:10

Hi, new here but not new to being a mummy, youngest is 10 now and never thought I would be back trawling the forums for pregnancy advice!!
Basically I've had health issues and to be sure the contraceptive implant wasn't causing me other problems I had it removed in June.
We had discussed having another baby, or two, but we were not planning for it straight away, we've used condoms and had the odd accidental encounter since July.
My periods returned to normal pretty quick and my July and August cycles were 28 days. Sept period has not arrived! I am now on day 34, feeling icky in the mornings, some white discharge, nipples are tender, I'm also so tired! Of course I may be reading into the symptoms a bit.
So last night I discussed with sh, did a test, left over from a while ago, before implant, it was a tesco one and anyway no lines appeared!! Not even the control one! Now dying to know if I'm preg or if my cycle is just delayed, anyone have any advice??!!
Off to get another test this morning......

thecatsarecrazy Tue 27-Sep-16 08:05:33

Get another test only way to know for sure.

ICuntSeeYourPoint Tue 27-Sep-16 08:44:17

Sounds pregnant-y to me, but also could be pre-menstrual symptoms. You're going to have to do a test. What are you hoping for, positive? Fingers crossed for you.

user1474949113 Tue 27-Sep-16 10:20:42

Guess I'm nervous for either result tbh - will keep you posted.

Blasted tesco and their faulty stick!

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 27-Sep-16 10:23:29

Test again!
I've got pregnant twice within the first month of trying after implant removal - I didn't have a period between removal and falling pregnant either time!

user1474949113 Tue 27-Sep-16 12:31:55

Tested - 2 little lines!!!
Not told hubby yet hmm

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 27-Sep-16 12:55:21

Congratulations?? Are you happy? Or still shocked?

ICuntSeeYourPoint Tue 27-Sep-16 13:02:30

Congratulations!

JOMH1982 Tue 27-Sep-16 13:29:41

I was going to say sounds like you're pregnant, perhaps the old test had gone past it's expiry date, hence the negative result. Congrats xx

user1474949113 Tue 27-Sep-16 16:15:21

I am pleased with the result,just shocked I think, hard to believe that I'm going to go through it all again! It was all a while ago for me, my children are 15,13 &10

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 27-Sep-16 16:17:05

Wow smile
Well at least your kids are at an age where they can be of some help with the new baby!! Congratulations!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now