Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40+4 and partner left me today

(8 Posts)
MamaVicciBear Sun 25-Sep-16 19:04:01

First time posting (although I've lived on here looking at the early labour signs posts recently confused) I wondered if anyone has been in the same situation as today my partner left me, saying he couldn't be there for me anymore after talking this morning, I asked him to be more helpful as he hasn't lifted a finger this pregnancy because we live separately and he isn't what you'd call domestic . I'm nervous about going through the birth (vbac) and coping with a newborn by myself. Heartbreakingly my DS (9) is devastated as he was best friends with his son (8). It's all a bit of a mess at what should be a beautiful time sad

BurningBridges Sun 25-Sep-16 19:05:31

How long had you been together, is this the end of a long road do you think? Do you have other support? Parents or siblings or good friends?
What would you do if he walked back in now? So sorry you are going through this its awful and he is an utter shit.

MamaVicciBear Sun 25-Sep-16 19:09:16

Been together around a year and a half, the pregnancy was a surprise as I was in recovery for an ED. I do have a (crazy) mum and sister who are supportive, but might not make it for the birth. It's just a bit of a shock shock Thank you flowers

Bythebeach Sun 25-Sep-16 19:09:44

That is utterly crap timing. Just focus on yourself and coming birth as much as you are able to. And of course comfort your son. Is there someone to be with you in labour? And someone to look after your son? I hope you have some real life help to get you through this time.

Bythebeach Sun 25-Sep-16 19:12:52

Are your mum and sister far away?

Mummymulb16 Sun 25-Sep-16 19:21:54

Don't worry you will get through it men are useless and u don't need them! Just remember you will soon have a beautiful baby which you made and you will nurture it whatever the situation. Hope your vbac goes well xx stay strong

MamaVicciBear Sun 25-Sep-16 19:26:24

My mum can look after my son and is only 15 minutes away so unless it's a world record breaking labour then I should be fine getting to the hospital, it just might be the labour that I'll be on my own with. It's a strange situation! I'm so grateful for this baby but giving birth is a bit of a tough job shock xx

Lunchboxlewiswillyoumarryme Sun 25-Sep-16 19:30:49

Jesus ,for Christ sake..sometimes these men,have they sawdust for brains..what a time to do this...could he not of supported you through the birth of his child...there are no words I can say ...just do the best you can with the help you've got..plenty of women I know make excellence mothers and fulfill the role of father too...I'm so sorry x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now