Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight gain in third trimester

(5 Posts)
Stilldreamingofsun Fri 23-Sep-16 20:12:43

I have gained 11kg so far (24 pounds). Now at 35 weeks. Started before pregnancy with BMI of 24- so on the heavier side of healthy but not quite overweight. Does this sound ok? How much more can I look forward to piling on by due date?

positivity123 Sat 24-Sep-16 08:04:25

I don't think it is about weight it is about what you eat. Just eat healthily and get your extra calories in a healthy way and see what happens. I would guess about an extra 5lb?

Honeybee79 Sat 24-Sep-16 15:13:00

I have no idea. But second positivity's comments re healthy eating. There is advice out there about "expected" weight gain but tbh I think varies from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. With my last pregnancy I had put on about 28lb by the end I think and had a BMI of 22 when I started. This one, I am 30.5 weeks and have so far put on about a stone and would probably expect to put on another by the end! Had a BMI of 24 pre-pregnancy.

Whatsername17 Sat 24-Sep-16 15:24:31

That's a fine weight gain. I put on 2stone 4lb. After giving birth and the swelling and everything went down I had about half a stone to lose. That took care of itself and I was back on my jeans 5 weeks post partum.

Stilldreamingofsun Sat 24-Sep-16 15:43:03

Thank you ladies- you have put my mind at rest! Sign me up to slimming world in two months time (oh wait- there's Christmas!!!) 😂😜

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now