Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

4 weeks pregnant - help

(8 Posts)
user1474579101 Thu 22-Sep-16 22:40:17

I'm 37 and 2 days ago found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant.
I have been on the pill for 22 years, and we were moving house I couldn't find my pill so didn't take it, but wasn't worried as didn't think a few weeks would make a difference. Decided after that to have a period before starting again.
My partner is 46 and did want children but his ex wife always said she never did so he grew into the the fact he wouldn't have a child (they split and she was pregnant within months). He also thought that as never had any scares that maybe his swimmers didn't work!
We have talked about children and said we'd have just the one. But still felt that was just for my benefit!
So here I am 4 weeks pregnant and scared.....I go with a friend on holiday Tuesday for 4 days, and I can't bring myself to tell him yet.
Him and me go away to the sun 3 weeks today also.
Is it wrong to wait? I'm So worried that he won't be happy, and this will possibly ruin out close relationship.
Feel like in denial a bit too as I can't even tell anyone at all and dealing with it alone.
Sorry long winded but at a loss right now x

lilmisspenka Fri 23-Sep-16 04:02:33

Congratulations on your pregnancy honey. I can totally understand how confusing and how much of a shock it is but I think if you told your Hubby he would be happy and be there for you.these things happen when you least expect them. I also found out yesterday and hasn't really sunk in yet. Get support from your man and I honestly think it will bring you closer x

user1474579101 Fri 23-Sep-16 06:47:32

Oh thank you....it's all so overwhelming. I'm going to tell him when I'm back from holiday next week....he'll only worry if I'm away.
Congratulations too, is it you're first???xx

haveacupoftea Fri 23-Sep-16 07:04:02

You should tell him right away I think...we have been tcc and I told my DP on tuesday. Even though it was planned I was a bag of nerves and felt sick at the thought! The first thing he asked me was 'how long have you known'?

lilmisspenka Fri 23-Sep-16 07:20:20

Have a lovely holiday x some sun and thinking time will do you the world of good ❤ will be my second, my eldest is 7 and I didn't think it would happen again but we went on holiday and it seems all that time in the sun and relaxing did the job 😂 x

SmallBee Fri 23-Sep-16 07:27:09

Congratulations.
I think you need to tell him but even if you decide not to,be prepared for the fact that yoyr symptoms might become so obvious you'll have to come clean anyway. By six weeks pregnant I was so ill I wasn't fooling anyone, everyone in my life, including work, knew but I was glad of the support.
Conversely, if this does indeed damage your relationship then I think it's better done sooner than later so it gives you both more time.

Desmondo2016 Fri 23-Sep-16 07:38:07

Pretty certain your DP will be blown away happy smile

user1474579101 Fri 23-Sep-16 08:18:55

Thanks to you all. Feels good to talk about it and have some advice. I told my sis in law (we're very close) last night and feels like a weight lifted already.
Definitely telling him when I'm back next week as I don't even think I can hide it much longer as my boobs hurt so much already and also I'm not one to turn down a glass of wine.......so it'll be very obvious ☺️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now