Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

(5 Posts)
peaches222 Thu 22-Sep-16 18:47:42

I have just found out I am pregnant (5 weeks) and I'm in shock. I'm 45 with 3 grown kids, 25, 23 and 14. I have just been given residency of my 14 month grandson, I have just started my honours year at uni and we are moving house in December as we needed an extra room for dgs. I had 6 miscarriages between 2006 and 2010 but since then there has been nothing. I have endometriosis and a blocked right tube and cannot believe that this has happened to us now of all times. I just feel so overwhelmed by it all sad

Whatsername17 Thu 22-Sep-16 18:58:14

You need a bit of time to process everything and decide what you are going to do. I've been through miscarriage too. However, you still have a choice as to whether you want to continue with this pregnancy. Especially as you have your hands full with your grandchild (and, I imagine, your child who has lost residency of their child). It must be a lot for you to deal with. Have you got any support in rl? flowers

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 22-Sep-16 18:59:06

Embrace your wonderful news.
I am so envious right now.

ColdCottage Thu 22-Sep-16 19:07:47

Do you have someone in RL you can talk this over with who is not in your immediate family who you trust to give you good well thought out advice and support to help you work out how to approach all the pressures in your life at the moment as you have a lot going on.
If not perhaps as your GP for a referral for someone to talk to.
You have a lot on your plate and need support.

peaches222 Thu 22-Sep-16 19:23:22

We have decided not to tell anyone at the moment as the reaction will not be good and there is a good chance I won't carry to term but I told my tutor today because if the pregnancy works out I am due just after my finals in May. She is putting me in touch with support. Dh is amazing and has told me to concentrate on studying and he'll take care of the house. Its been a tough few years and I'm trying to hold on to the thought that there is a higher reason why I have finally got pregnant after 10 years at 45

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now