Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Piles in pregnancy 😳

(11 Posts)
iloveberries Thu 22-Sep-16 10:22:40

Nearing the end of my pregnancy and I think I have piles 😞

I had a lot of constipation throughout (gone in last 5 weeks though.)

What's the best way to treat them? Should I go to doctor or can I get something safe over the counter?

MrsDc7 Thu 22-Sep-16 10:24:36

Don't bother mate... if you've got piles now while pregnant, you'll have magnificent ones after giving birth. Totally normal though so just get yourself some anusol. If they don't clear up then go to the doctor. Nasty buggers but happens to the best of us. Good luck with the birth xx

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 22-Sep-16 10:26:14

Yeah, don't bother til after labour. I had them for about a year afterwards but seemed to have cleared up now smile just in time to TTC again grin but yes I saw loads of HCPs for various post-birth ragged bits and they all said they just go by themselves really, so chin up! smile flowers

iloveberries Thu 22-Sep-16 10:33:38

Thanks - I didn't have them with my first so it's a new pregnancy delight for me.
Off to buy anusol... Oh the glamour

MrsDc7 Thu 22-Sep-16 10:51:50

Yeah I didn't get them till my second pregnancy either. Piles and saggy boobs... all glamour isn't it xx

vallinnapod Thu 22-Sep-16 11:13:20

I've had them with every pregnancy (on #3). Anusol is your friend. And if it helps mine disappeared/shrunk afterwards, and were way worse in pregnancy than immediately post birth. Hope they go this time too....

Now stretch marks....none in my last 2 pregnancies, currently 29 weeks and they are appearing sad

iloveberries Thu 22-Sep-16 11:14:07

So far I'm safe from those...

Hormones much worse this time. Literally cannot stop crying. Feel so low

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 22-Sep-16 11:16:25

Snap. I didn't have them with ds1 either so they're a delightful new addition. Warm baths, high fibre diet and prep h or anusol. And try to sit comfortably!

Blue2014 Thu 22-Sep-16 15:15:51

Wow, I've had them since about 12 weeks! You've done well in my view smile

AddictedtoGreys Thu 22-Sep-16 17:37:31

I never had them with my first pregnancy, but I did with my second. They came on after about 30w. My DD is 3 weeks old now and they are gone.

iloveberries Thu 22-Sep-16 19:44:17

Ok phew. I feel grossed out by it even though it's DC2!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now