Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI warning - recovering after the runs

(4 Posts)
AcademicNerd Wed 21-Sep-16 19:40:33

Hiya,

Yesterday was a busy day - had a stressful time at an appointment, then a lovely four course dinner. But the dinner seems to have disagreed with me, and I was up a fair bit of the night with the runs.

I've spent today resting, nibbling on food (bread, bananas, cucumber, similar), and trying to get some fluids back in me (water, herbal tea, squash, beef stock). But I still feel rubbish.

What else can I be doing to get better?

meringue33 Wed 21-Sep-16 19:42:11

Just rest love. Follow the BRAT diet (banana, rice, applesauce, toast). Being ill when you're pg is especially horrid. Sending hugs.

duxb Wed 21-Sep-16 20:10:54

I had an incident of this, along with sickness a few weeks ago at around 26 weeks pregnant. Baby did not like me vomiting but given it took me 10 hours after being sick to face any food, I took the day off work, rested, kept my fluids up and had something plain and stomach settling the following evening. A tepid bath and an early night made me feel worlds better.

I spent the next couple of days eating bland foods and was fine.

Just rest up and ensure you are drinking

AcademicNerd Thu 22-Sep-16 10:40:56

I have been becoming increasingly keen on kid type food, and applesauce sounds lovely right now. Maybe with a bit of yogurt.

I did pretty much nothing yesterday except nap and nibble. I feel a lot better this morning. Must remember to keep the fluids up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now