Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks pregnant, brown spotting. Is this normal? Is it normal to be so anxious in the first trimester?! Driving myself mad! Advice please..

(3 Posts)
Lottie64 Wed 21-Sep-16 18:58:40

Hi,

I am five and a half weeks pregnant, first pregnancy and we had been trying for ages, so I am super worried and paranoid about a mc. Is this normal? I have been having light brown spotting for the past 3 days. It comes and goes, doesn't seem to be getting any worse, but I'm so worried! What does it mean? Should I see a doctor? I don't know what they would do at this early stage. Be good to hear other people's experiences. Thanks.

FellOutOfBed2wice Wed 21-Sep-16 19:04:24

I've had two pregnancies that resulted in two babies. In the first one I never had any bleeding, not a single spot from the previous months period through to my show when I was in labour. With the second pregnancy I bled constantly from weeks 5-13. I know loads of people who've bled and it's been fine, even quite heavy bleeding, and a few who've bled and miscarried.

I went to my local EPU with my second at 5+4 and they found a heartbeat, so it may be worth going down and seeing what they can see but even if it's nothing it might still be fine. Unfortunately at this stage there's nothing they can do to stop a mc but if it's ok you may get some reassurance.

Lottie64 Wed 21-Sep-16 19:25:18

Thank you for the response. I'm going to give it a couple of days unless it gets worse I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now