Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

advice for achey pelvis / back (support belt)?

(4 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Tue 20-Sep-16 16:28:32

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and having pain across my lower back (pelvis) which on bad days extends up to my shoulders. I have good posture and use a rucksack instead of handbag to spread the weight evenly. I don't have a big bump yet. Can anyone recommend anything that helps, e.g. support belt? I'm so achey by the end of the day and it's making me miserable.

Wisewisewords Tue 20-Sep-16 16:41:26

I don't have anything that will help walking round (other than sensible shoes), but at night it really helps to sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees. It seems to relieve pressure in that area.

FluffyPickleMonster Tue 20-Sep-16 22:39:27

The pelvic support belt my physio recommended was the Serola. I found it useful early on but now my bump is too big for it and I think I need a specific pregnancy one. Ordered from Amazon.

Laura05 Wed 21-Sep-16 09:49:22

I know exactly how you feel.

This is my 3rd pg and I've had severe ligament pain and pelvic pain from 5weeks. I've been referred to physio and a reflexologist so hopefully they'll help with managing later (no bump at the moment so advised not to buy a support belt yet)

Can you ask your mw or gp to refer you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now