Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this anxiety normal?

(3 Posts)
Sylvie78 Mon 19-Sep-16 09:37:58

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me - i am feeling v anxious and worried and i'm not sure if it is normal pregnancy worries or something more! I am 14 weeks and constantly worried that something bad has happened, i can't seem to be able to just relax and not worry, which people keep telling me i need to do. For example, a few days ago i had a tiny amount of brown spotting, only for about half an hour, which then completely stopped - i panicked and spoke to a MW who said if it didn't get worse/turn red then it wasn't anything to worry about. I still can't stop worrying about it constantly though! Can anyone help with any experiences of this and how they coped? Thanks

JOMH1982 Mon 19-Sep-16 11:18:47

Bless you, I didn't want to leave this unanswered. Anxiety is perfectly normal, pregnancy is terrifying really. Would it ease your mind to ask for a scan, or could you pay for one to put your mind at rest for a bit? I'm sure you're absolutely fine though and wish you all the best xx

elliej83 Mon 19-Sep-16 17:26:03

It's totally normal in pregnancy but the advice from my midwife was that if it does ease or you can't find coping mechanisms seek professional help sooner as it can continue in to after the baby is born.
I found it easier once I started to feel the baby move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now