Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Completely portable baby monitor?

(7 Posts)
Shadowboy Sun 18-Sep-16 19:16:45

We live in the sticks and often get short term power cuts so the 'standard' baby monitors that have a battery portable parent monitor and a plug in only baby unit are not always of use. I also love gardening and love to have the baby out in the pushchair outside with me (did this with my first) so a fully portable unit would be handy. I've looked in mothercare balms Argos and neither had such a thing- does it even exist?

boopdoop Sun 18-Sep-16 19:50:39

We have the BT 1000 camera one, and you can put AA batteries in the camera part, as well as the parent bit having a rechargeable battery, so it is completely portable and usable without needing it plugged in.

Shadowboy Sun 18-Sep-16 20:15:02

Perfect boopdoop- thank you!!!

ConvincingLiar Sun 18-Sep-16 21:29:18

I might be thick, but how would it be useful to have a monitor in the pushchair? Would you leave the baby in there after they'd fallen asleep and go out of sight/ear shot?

KayJBee Sun 18-Sep-16 21:33:12

We used to have a BT one where both ends could be plugged in but also both took batteries. We used it camping. If it existed 9 years ago, I'm sure they will still exist now. Though for gardening, could you not just push the pushchair over to where you are working and move the pushchair as you move from area to area (if it's a huge garden with different areas!)

Fluffsnuts Mon 19-Sep-16 08:38:39

We just use an old smart phone and an app called dormi.

Shadowboy Mon 19-Sep-16 22:14:38

It's a large
Garden with different areas/gravel/narrow paths and chickens/poultry so can't always get the pushchair right up with me. It's not massively huge (0.6 acre) but for example can't get into the orchard bit with pushchair and wouldn't want to take pushchair into the poultry section either! I just means I don't have to give up my gardening passion while the baby can't walk!

So baby never completely out of sight but can't always hear easily when baby snuffling so fully portable would be perfect. Plus we get power cuts in winter at times so knowing it can 'switch over' to battery makes me feel more comfortable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now