Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Urinary tract infection

(3 Posts)
wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Sun 18-Sep-16 09:59:32

I am prone to UTIs so have some dipsticks at home to test. Have tested positive for protein, blood and leukocytes, so definitely think I have a UTI.

I've never had one before whilst pregnant. Is it ok to wait until tomorrow to see a doctor?

I don't feel too bad. Just a bit of niggling discomfort which is what made me test in the first place. I'll drink plenty of fluids today to try and get a head start on flushing it out.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant today.

seven201 Sun 18-Sep-16 10:41:29

You could try and flush it out today with lots and lots of water. Alternatively you could ring 111 as they might send you to the out of hours gp. I went twice with UTIs when pregnant but they'd got to the need to owe every five seconds stage. Do what feels right to you. No-one will tell you off for wasting time. I had those dip tests too - so great!

wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Sun 18-Sep-16 12:27:56

Ah - thank you *seven.
I'm not feeling unwell really. Just slightly uncomfortable, but mild enough to be able to forget about.

I have my booking appointment tomorrow with midwife, and she'll no doubt test my urine anyway. So hopefully she will have some advice.

Thank you for your advice (and nice to know I'm not alone!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now