Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I in early labour?

(12 Posts)
elliej83 Sun 18-Sep-16 00:47:05

I've had cramps below the the bump for about an hour now. It's not going away, it feels like a mix between a strong period pain and trapped wind. I'm 35+1 and don't know what to do. It doesn't appear to be getting worse and it's totally by excruciating or coming in waves.

HobnailsandTaffeta Sun 18-Sep-16 00:50:26

Sorry was the last bit it's NOT exceuciating or coming in waves?

If it's not on and off and just an ache (like period pain) then it could be trapped wind.

If it's painful enough to worry you (which it clearly is to be posting) then call the midwifery unit and ask to get checked.

Probably nothing, could be a urine infection or wind or just being pregnant but at 35 weeks better safe than sorry. They won't mind x

MrsJayy Sun 18-Sep-16 00:53:08

Ring the hospital antenatal ward/labour suite you could be or not but best speaking to somebody.

JollyHockeyGits Sun 18-Sep-16 00:56:59

I agree, call Maternity Triage or whatever it's called in your area. They'd rather you called than worry at 35 weeks pregnant!

LotisBlue Sun 18-Sep-16 01:01:44

I'd call triage - if you are in early labour then they might want to give you steroid injections to prepare the baby for birth. If you do have an urine infection then that needs treating too.

LBOCS2 Sun 18-Sep-16 01:02:06

Also... If it might be trapped wind, get on all fours and rock backwards and forwards. This should help release it. Make sure there's someone around to help you back up or you might end up stuck there all night though!

MrsJayy Sun 18-Sep-16 01:16:47

Urine infections can start contractions happened to me twice op call the hospital even if it is nothing you have been in pain a while best get checked

elliej83 Sun 18-Sep-16 02:26:39

Called and they've said go for a bath, take some paracetamol and have a warm drink so that's what I'm doing. Started to be very painful when I wee so think it's a urine infection. Going to ring back in the morning and see if I can get some pain killers

elliej83 Sun 18-Sep-16 02:27:05

I meant antibiotics!

MrsJayy Sun 18-Sep-16 09:12:57

How are you feeling today?

elliej83 Mon 19-Sep-16 22:36:14

I was so tired I didn't log on yesterday MrsJayy. It subsided about an hour after a bath and I felt much better.
Had a funny moment at work today though where I knocked over a bottle of water standing up out my chair without realising and just saw all this water gushing down my legs and though shit my waters have broken haha!

MrsJayy Mon 19-Sep-16 22:56:41

Oh dear bet you were thinking oh god not here grin least you are feeling a little better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now