Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone due on or around 6th of October and fancy doing some symptoms-of-labour-spotting?

(17 Posts)
dodi1978 Sat 17-Sep-16 21:12:10

I am 37+2 today and have got my first week of maternity leave on Monday :-)! I can't wait!

With DS1, I never managed to do any watching for signs of labour because DS1 was just there... suddenly, 4 weeks too early and after a very short labour. So this one has already stayed put for a week longer.

So, any one fancy some symptoms-of-labour spotting?

My boobs have been getting really sore last week and I have got a pulling pain in my right leg, similar to the pain I had as a young girl when getting my period...

I am kind of hoping to have a week off before the young man arrives!

Belle1409 Sat 17-Sep-16 21:20:02

Yes - I'm due on the 7th and am also starting my mat leave on Monday! I'm hoping baby stays put for a bit longer so I can have a rest next week.

I woke up to some period like pain on Wednesday but nothing since!

dodi1978 Sat 17-Sep-16 22:05:47

Hi, Belle,

enjoy! I intend spending Monday on the sofa and just sort some admin. And do some bulk cooking. Tuesday much the same.

Wednesday my toddler's nursery class are going on a little excursion and I want to be there if I can. Back to the sofa on Thursday :-)

Happy labour-spotting!

Shropitlikeitshot Sat 17-Sep-16 22:25:54

5th here.

I was induced first time round so wouldn't know what a sign looked like if it smacked me in the face. Not expecting any anyway, think I have a super cosy tummy. Although I have a reflexology appt on Thursday so this could all change.....

MsFiremanSam Sun 18-Sep-16 19:15:58

37+1 here! DD starts nursery tomorrow so it will be my first day of proper rest. Baking and sofa is the plan. Lots of pressure, tightenings, etc and desperately looking for symptoms!

AuntieStella Sun 18-Sep-16 19:17:28

Are you on the October chat thread?

dodi1978 Sun 18-Sep-16 19:52:38

Hi, MsFiremanSam (love the username... DS1, who is three now, calls me "Muuuuum" occasionally like Norman Price). Happy 1st day of mat leave tomorrow. Oh, I am soooo looking forward to half past nine when I am back from my nursery run. Baking sounds like a great idea!

AutieStella - no, am not on the chat thread... may join, although I guess everyone else has been on it for ages!

Shrop - good luck for your appointment! Hope it moves things along for you!

MsFiremanSam Mon 19-Sep-16 12:08:48

Dodi, my DS is nearly 6 and is more about Star Wars now but he did love Sam when he was little!

Got loads of period type pain today - maybe a symptom?!

I was on the Oct thread but now just use the Facebook group.

Fraggleface Mon 19-Sep-16 13:16:02

Please can I join? I'm due with my first on the 4th and have been having loads of period type pains for a week or more. Plus Braxton hicks tightenings further up, and also sporadic nausea/diarrhoea. Really hoping this isn't going to rumble on for another 4 weeks!

Member930388 Mon 19-Sep-16 22:37:14

Hi there, I'm due on the 18th October, like you my DD was born 4 weeks early so I am really hoping to make it another week to make it full term! Am three days away from the point when she was born. With her I had quite a few signs she was going to come early but absolutely nothing with this one so far.....!

dodi1978 Tue 20-Sep-16 11:52:25

Hello, everyone, welcome!

Oh, gosh, I am quite ready for this baby to come now! Getting up about 6 times a night to go to the toilet, pain down my right leg (have been told that this is likely the baby sitting on a nerve), short of breath.

At least I can slog around at home now. But am meeting up with some members of postnatal group (for DS, 3 years) this afternoon to go to a botanic garden. I think being outside may actually make me feel less tired!.

Member - It's odd being considered full term now! I was quite convinced that I would be early again. But this one shows no sign of budging just yet!

dodi1978 Thu 22-Sep-16 12:59:20

Well, had my 38 week appointment this morning and baby is 2/5 engaged. Bit of diarrhoea last night (which is how it all started the last time round), and some occasional cramps. Braxton Hicks? Don't know, didn't have the m the first time round.

Hardly slept as bladder constantly full. Feel quite rested though today and a strange feeling of calm.... hmmmm.....

How is everyone else doing?

Fraggleface Fri 23-Sep-16 10:41:39

No sign of labour yet for me. Had my 38 wk appt on tues and GP said the head wasn't engaged but probably had been as my fundal height measurements are all over the place. Sure she's dropped down again since then as the bump is v low and I am needing the loo constantly! We were sure she was going to be early - still got 11 days until due date - come on baby! I swear every day she gets bigger my body aches more and her wriggling gets more and more painful!

Does anyone know stats on when babies arrive, e.g. How many by due date?

dodi1978 Sat 01-Oct-16 13:43:27

Hi, everyone,

here is OP :-)

Well, I have news! DS2 arrived in this world on Thursday morning! My waters went with a big gush on Thursday just after midnight. Arrived at the ward 1.15, started light contractions almost immediately, established contractions by 3am, sudden jump from 5 mins apart to 3 mins apart at 4am and baby born 6.29am.

I found labour bloody hart and the afterpains were horrible, but I am feeling extremely well now - no tears, no stitches are making a real difference and just not having that huge belly any more ins lovely - I slept better tonight - despite feeding interruptions - than for the previous two months!

I hope you guys are well too - good luck for your deliveries!

Member930388 Sat 01-Oct-16 14:03:14

Oh wow, huge congratulations!!!! Glad everything went well. Thanks for the update!xx

Fraggleface Sat 01-Oct-16 21:38:25

Congrats dodi!!

MsFiremanSam Sat 01-Oct-16 22:51:32

Congratulations!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now