Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

IUI and sperm count question

(6 Posts)
junebug121 Sat 17-Sep-16 11:21:20

Hi ladies and congratulations!

Just popping over from TTC looking for a bit of reassurance or some knowledgable input from any of who get pregnant via IUI. We had our first IUI today and DH post-wash count was 4 million with 80% motility.

I didn't think anything of it at the time but now after doing some reading that appears to be quite low. Does anyone know whether it is? Did any of you get pregnant with a similar or lower count?

I'm kind of disheartened because no one has ever said anything about this being an issue before.

Any advice gratefully received!

hopeful31yrs Sat 17-Sep-16 18:11:03

Our donor had a count of 5 million post wash. Now expecting 2nd with same donor but that was IVF due to us having limited supplies

junebug121 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:41:48

Thanks for replying hopeful, that makes me feel a little better. I guess I will just have to nervously wait for the next 2 weeks!

JOMH1982 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:44:06

I believe 4 million is in the fertile range according to WHO guidelines, so this is healthy. Best of luck! Xx

JOMH1982 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:45:18

Ps 80% motility means most of them are swimming progressively, so that's excellent xx

hopeful31yrs Sun 18-Sep-16 22:05:52

All the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now