Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gestational Hypertension

(5 Posts)
Titchypanda Fri 16-Sep-16 12:33:43

Has anyone else had this? I was admitted on Thursday due to extremely high BP, I have been discharged now and put on labetalol and under hypertension clinic weekly.

Is it likely I'll end up being readmitted? My BP likes to spike a lot. I hate being in hospital.

Was interested to hear others experiences.

Touchacat Fri 16-Sep-16 12:36:52

I had this. Can't remember what I was put on but I had to take aspirin daily until 34 or 35 weeks. Mine doesn't sound as bad as yours though and I think it was white coat syndrome (the stress of being in hospital). Have you got a home monitor to check yourself when you're relaxed?

Titchypanda Fri 16-Sep-16 13:05:21

I don't have one, but I can borrow one if the consultant says I need to use one. I'm allergic to aspirin so I can't take that. Rather a difficult case to manage due to multiple medication allergies.

Touchacat Fri 16-Sep-16 14:31:38

It can help to keep your mind at rest if you can borrow one.
Just stay as relaxed as possible! And make sure those around you know how vital it is that you stay relaxed smile
Good luck

divadee Fri 16-Sep-16 16:41:16

Asda had home BP monitors recently for about £8 or so. It might be worth buying one at that price to keep an eye on it yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now