Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity triage in a different county

(8 Posts)
gumdropss Thu 15-Sep-16 21:48:14

Hi all. Im 29 weeks pregnant, have never really had lots of fetal movement due to an anterior placenta, but definitely been having more regular movements over the last week or so. But today has been a particularly quiet day, haven't really felt anything of note, so I'm thinking of ringing triage. However... I am at my mum's house, 3 hours from home, and will be here until Sunday. Do you know if I can call the local triage or not? Not sure what to do! Thanks in advance if anyone's able to help.

gumdropss Thu 15-Sep-16 21:52:47

Also, sorry if this seems like a stupid question! I've just got a nagging feeling that they won't see me and will just say I need to go to my normal hospital... Guess I won't know until I call...

mangocoveredlamb Thu 15-Sep-16 21:54:39

I think all you can do is call and ask. Phone the main hospital switchboard and ask for the antenatal day unit or similar!

dontpokethebear Thu 15-Sep-16 21:55:03

Yes, just contact them.
I'm assuming you have your notes with you? Everything they need to know will be in there.
Go now!!!

ninenicknames Thu 15-Sep-16 21:55:06

Just go to local hospital with a maternity unit.

I had a slight concern when I was 2 hours from home & went to local hospital.

You can give birth anywhere .... You don't have to be at your hospital flowersflowers

ninenicknames Thu 15-Sep-16 21:55:39

Oh yes! I got told off for not carrying my notes with me at all times!!!!

PikachuSayBoo Thu 15-Sep-16 22:05:26

I'm a midwife. Ring the local hospital, they will see you. We see people from all over the country if they're in the area when they have problems. Notes or no notes. Amazes me how many people come on holiday to My area at 39 weeks pregnant! grin

gumdropss Thu 15-Sep-16 22:28:18

Thanks everyone for the much needed kick up the bum - don't know why I was so unsure but it makes sense really. I called the local hospital and am heading off in a minute to be monitored. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now