Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weird pain at 14 weeks

(3 Posts)
jwww Thu 15-Sep-16 17:32:18

Hope this post it's allowed!

I'm 14w2d and I've started getting a weird "tingling" crampy pain that comes and goes. I've attached a picture showing where the pain is, I briefly mentioned it to the midwife (too early to try to hear heart beat) who said cramping is still normal but I'm getting really worried. The most intense area of pain is just under belly button height over by left hip and radiates downwards. I'm hoping someone is is going to tell me it's too far away from where problem pain would be, and I think I'm extra worried as my morning sickness has recently gone away (since Tuesday). I've had no bleeding at all either.

As a bit of background I went in to hospital at 6 weeks with bad cramps which turned out to be normal. This is why I'm reluctant to stress pain to the midwife or go to the hospital Incase they just put me down as a hypochondriac! Again I'm probably overthinking it as this was the area they pressed heavily on to get baby to move during the 13w scan hopefully it's a coincidence.

gamerchick Thu 15-Sep-16 17:35:12

Round ligament pain? It used to bring me to my knees.

SabrinaTheTeenageBitch Thu 15-Sep-16 19:55:57

Sounds like round ligament pain. Coincided with my morning sickness ending too and I panicked just the same as you! It can be quite painful but totally normal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now