Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breech baby

(15 Posts)
queenc81 Thu 15-Sep-16 10:55:51

Hi ladies,

Any tips on turning a breech baby?

Went for my 30 week growth scan and she's breech with her legs wrapped around her head shock

I'm trying for a vba2c so desperately need her to turn, I know people say she's still got time but I'm panicking. X

Scotmum83 Thu 15-Sep-16 12:44:42

theres a website called spinning babies that might help you. I didn't try reflexology but I think it helps some women. My lg was breach from 34 weeks and didn't move so ended up having a section.

Honeybee79 Thu 15-Sep-16 12:52:43

Hi - I'm 29 weeks and mine is also breach. I also want to try for a VBAC! Midwife recommended Spinning Babies.

Seekingmiracles Thu 15-Sep-16 13:37:29

I'm in the same boat in that my little one is breech with legs extended. Would rather not have a section but know that is is a possibility. I'm now 35 weeks, I've been doing some of the exercises recommended on Spinning babies and been having acupuncture... Still no change. I don't think she is going to. She been breech all along, I just think she's comfy!

queenc81 Thu 15-Sep-16 13:56:52

I'll take a look at the website Thankyou, did anyone have the EVC I think it's called at the hospital? Where they try and turn the baby?

panad317 Thu 15-Sep-16 14:04:57

I'm 39+4, baby only turned head down last week so there really is plenty of time. I had to go for a scan as the midwife was unsure if she could feel a head or a bum, she said if baby would have been still breech, the doctor would've tried to turn him around. And if unsuccessful, I still could've delivered a breech baby.

MoreGilmoreGirls Thu 15-Sep-16 14:08:19

Spinning babies worked for me he turned at 37 weeks. An ECV can be quite unpleasant and there are risks involved, please look into carefully before agreeing to one.

smellsofelderberries Thu 15-Sep-16 14:22:23

I'm almost 32 weeks and my little one is still breech. She was head down last week but has flipped back around (I can tell from where her hiccups are). Definitely try all the spin in babies stuff, but you really don't need to worry about it until 36 weeks. My plan is to buy an exercise ball this weekend and sit on it lots- no more lounging on the sofa/in bed for me!

queenc81 Thu 15-Sep-16 17:38:02

Thanks ladies, I will fully look into the procedure to turn her.

Got my ball out for a bounce and plan on scrubbing the floor tonight on my hands and knees grin

seven201 Thu 15-Sep-16 17:55:51

I had a evc but it didn't work. Glad we tried though. I ended up with a planned section which was fine and I healed quickly. My dd had her ankles by her shoulders when she came out mgrin

SabrinaTheTeenageBitch Thu 15-Sep-16 19:52:57

Still loads of time left for baby to move, I would try not to worry too much. DD was lying breech and despite me doing everything I could remained that way until the day before I went into labour hmmgrin

moobeana Thu 15-Sep-16 19:54:42

Tumble turns in the swimming pool!

If baby can turn this might help. The theory is that if you are spinning and the baby is floating in their amniotic fluid you should spin and at different rates and so they may move.

Glitterspy Thu 15-Sep-16 20:00:52

DS was breech. Born by planned CS (had to be bumped forward as waters broke and contractions started 24 hours before the scheduled date).

I swear I felt him flip - I had loads of pain around my navel and felt very sore and bruised after a day out walking at around 27 weeks.

After that I tried exercise (swimming, yoga) and lying in funny positions to get him to turn. It didn't work. I declined ecv and didn't do moxybustion (sp?) as I was scared of the risks.

I am glad I did what i chose. It wasn't an easy choice. He was born rosy and healthy with both legs straight and extended up by his ears. I'm so glad I didn't try and push that out.

Saying all this, I was born breech and my mum did that vaginally with no pain relief! And we are both fine!

malin100 Fri 16-Sep-16 09:32:30

I had an ECV at 38 weeks which was successful. Now awaiting normal labour!

Tried all the tricks in the book before that but none worked - I don't think it would ever have turned on its own, it had been that position throughout and obviously hadn't got the memo about where the exit was. :D

queenc81 Sat 17-Sep-16 15:28:59

I've taken all your advice on board, been on spinning babies and done a few of the exercises. I'm feeling more movement down below now, does that mean she's moved. Before her hands and legs were both wrapped around her head and I felt nothing down below.

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now