Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you have to go to the GTT app???

(7 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Thu 15-Sep-16 09:36:09

I missed my GTT app was it was arranged months ago and since then we have had a lot of bad news about our unborn baby and just completely forgot. My app was 8am but I have kids to take to school and I can't do that on an empty stomach as I would faint pushing my toddlers Pram that far. So basically do I have to go? I can do it myself at home on a weekend as I often look after a child with type1 diabetes so I know a fair amount about sugar levels and where they should be at so I know exactly how this tests works.... Can I do that and just tell them my blood readings before my drink and 2 hours after? Rather than going all the way to the hospital to do it

Pootles2010 Thu 15-Sep-16 09:40:06

I really wouldn't. Can't you ask someone else to take your kids that morning? Or ask for a sat appt? It's so important, please don't miss it.

bobcat85 Thu 15-Sep-16 10:25:20

They can't force you to have it but you should definitely go to the appointment.

They have quite a controlled environment when doing the test so you taking readings at home would probably not be adequate.

NerrSnerr Thu 15-Sep-16 10:31:40

I think it would be risky to miss it. I would be surprised if they allowed someone to do it themselves as some people would say they know what they're doing and not do it properly.

Is there someone who could help for one morning? Could your partner juggle work or whatever to do a school run?

Nikki2ol6 Thu 15-Sep-16 10:41:53

He has took too many days off since our baby was diagnosed with serious heart problems. We had alot of hospital apps the last few weeks needing tests and more scans and a diagnosis and he had to come with me for those all but isn't allowed any more days off unless they do a weekend it's very hard for me

Pootles2010 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:04:54

I would ring them, say that you can't make a weekday but you can do weekend see what they say.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Thu 15-Sep-16 15:12:51

Can you ask a friend to take your children to school or see if you could do a one off booking at a breakfast club?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now