Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby just doesn't move much.....

(8 Posts)
Pops1985 Mon 12-Sep-16 16:37:06

Hello,
So I am 28 weeks pregnant and I just dont ever feel that much movement, the odd kick here and there through the day and when I lay on my side at night its a little bit more but nothing like the 4-100 times an hour the counting kicks website says. Placenta is high and at the back so I know that isn't the issue. Are some babies just quieter than others? I didn't feel any movement until 23 weeks but since then its still been the similar feelings as then just little bubbles quite low. When we see her on the scan she is a wriggler so not sure if maybe it just isn't make it to me on the surface? FTM in case you didn't realise, so the worrying is ever present!
Thanks!

jb007 Mon 12-Sep-16 16:42:46

Are your measurements normal? Sometimes if you are carrying a bit of extra fluid it can affect the way you feel movements. You must be due to see the midwife any day if you are 28 weeks. Talk to her about it.

Pops1985 Mon 12-Sep-16 16:57:30

Yes thanks, seeing the consultant next monday so will ask, and will mention it at the growth scan I have coming up on thursday. She measured pretty standard at 20 weeks, 54th centile so I dont think she is particularly small, maybe just a bit of a lazy bones!

babynelly2010 Mon 12-Sep-16 18:07:22

Is you placenta anterior? That makes difference to how you feel movement.

Pops1985 Mon 12-Sep-16 22:31:48

No its high and at the back... thats what worries me

ktkaye Mon 12-Sep-16 22:46:55

I was wondering this the other day. My baby is the same.
Some days he is quite wriggly but mostly it's fidgeting and the odd tap - nothing like the wriggling/kicking/punching I was expecting. My midwife said to take note of what is normal for my baby and not worry about anyone else's experience. Could be your little one is just chilled? If you are seeing her moving on the scan it could also simply be her position means you don't feel as much. I often think that mine faces in a lot and I really feel v little then. Talk to your midwife if you are worried, she will be able to reassure you X

melonribena Tue 13-Sep-16 10:54:13

I'm no expert and would definitely talk to your midwife, but I'm currently expecting ds2 and have noticed that he moves much more than ds1 ever did. I'm sure it's possible that some babies do move more!
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Marshpillow Tue 13-Sep-16 13:30:50

DD1 hardly moved. I went in for monitoring several times and she was fine every time, but the eventually induced me early just to be on the safe side. I'd recommend that you go in to be monitored every time you're worried, it's best just to check and they never mind, they'd rather check baby is fine than the alternative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now