Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really TMI but wet knickers?!

(21 Posts)
NannyW Sat 10-Sep-16 22:20:41

Sorry for the very TMI post but I’m just so anxious about everything pregnancy related and feel like I spend half my life on here reading up on ‘normal’ symptoms etc.

I will be 6 weeks pregnant next week and have been having cramping on and off since before my bfp last weekend. This in itself seems pretty usual according to google although I keep going to the toilet to check that af hasn’t arrived. What is concerning me though is that for the past couple of days my pants seem to be quite damp...it definitely isn’t blood as it not staining and when I wipe everything is clear.

I’m worried that I am doing something like leaking amniotic fluid?! Is this even possible? Is this normal, has anyone else had this?

Sorry for the TMI just very anxious after previous chemical. TIA

RaeSkywalker Sat 10-Sep-16 22:22:56

It's possibly just very thin, watery discharge? I had loads in my first trimester. If you're worried though, it's worth calling you GP for advice (guessing you aren't under a midwife yet).

Gunpowder Sat 10-Sep-16 22:23:30

Congratulations! Increased discharge (as long as it doesn't smell and isn't an unusual colour) is normal in pregnancy. One of the delights no one tells you about. wink I think it's supposed to be a good sign. Defo not amniotic fluid, don't worry.

sentia Sat 10-Sep-16 22:24:57

Increased discharge happened to me for the whole of my first pregnancy. This time round there was a bit extra in the first trimester, nothing unusual in the second, now it's back with a vengeance in the third. And panty liners give me thrush so I'm just trying to ignore it.

Gunpowder Sat 10-Sep-16 22:25:15

Oh and the anxiety can also be a symptom of early pregnancy - related to hormones.

squeak10 Sat 10-Sep-16 22:26:34

Its normal x

NannyW Sat 10-Sep-16 22:29:50

Thanks for the really quick replies! I just keep thinking it is AF and being relieved that it isn’t but then confused too at why my body is doing this! Doesn’t smell at all and is pretty watery.

I’m usually not an anxious person at all but it feels all consuming at the moment!

CurlsLDN Sat 10-Sep-16 22:42:11

Yep when you're pregnant your body goes into overdrive and makes extra everything - you may also find you have a runny nose and waxy ears. So glam!

Havingkittens04 Sun 11-Sep-16 04:43:36

Mine became much less from the start of the second trimester X

Simmi1 Sun 11-Sep-16 04:49:19

I had the extra discharge and also feeling a bit unclean so I was having two showers a day blush. I also had a little bit of urine leakage on one occassionwhen pregnant second time round blush

divadee Sun 11-Sep-16 07:53:15

All normal. I remember running for a knocker check many times as I was sure I must be bleeding. Still getting it now and 19+5.

divadee Sun 11-Sep-16 07:53:29

* knicker not knocker*

WellErrr Sun 11-Sep-16 07:54:40

It's normal. The medical name is Swamp Foof.

Bubbinsmakesthree Sun 11-Sep-16 08:05:51

Swamp Foof grin

I swear it coincides with that stage of early pregnancy when you're really paranoid so you are constantly knicker checking that it isn't blood.

Combined with the fact that the nausea and tiredness is worst in the first trimester when you don't want the world to know - the pregnancy gods are absolute bastards.

NannyW Sun 11-Sep-16 08:24:53

Thanks everyone, this has made me laugh now. I can let dh know that i have swamp foof grin

DixieNormas Sun 11-Sep-16 08:25:53

Yes increase of discharge is normal, it tends to come and go. Along with cramps which can be every thing stretching.

Ratbagcatbag Sun 11-Sep-16 08:28:04

I was told it was something to do with the body forming the Mucas plug but who knows. I was flooded in the first trimester. Swamp foof sounds much more elegant grin

frikadela01 Sun 11-Sep-16 08:39:05

Just wait until later on... My discharge became really stringy and horrible. DP called it my snotty vaj. envy<-- boak.

Pregnancy is about as far from glamorous as you can get.

ButtMuncher Sun 11-Sep-16 09:04:23

Yup it is to do with mucus plug forming (and discarding of unneeded extra fluid) and also early stages of pregnancy, you're rife with increasing hormones which increases things like swamp foof (stealing this) as there is more blood flow in the area grin sexy right?

If you have unscented pads, pop one of those in. I've had to use them throughout the third trimester as warm temperatures + lead up to labour + weaker bladder = sweaty swampy foof envygrin

Congratulations btw flowers if the anxiety is getting too much for you, please don't do what I did and struggle through until the end point - have a chat with your midwife as they are usually fantastic and will reassure you.

NannyW Sun 11-Sep-16 09:37:15

I feel much more reassured just reading all this to be honest. Every new symptom I’m googling like crazy! Hopefully mega swamp foof = good strong mucus plug to keep it all in there! grin

BabyBumpHopeful Sun 11-Sep-16 23:21:11

Adding to the chorus of "normal" HOWEVER I will admit that due to the increase in discharge (and hot weather) I ended up with a bit of a heat rash so I'd recommend having some baby powder or nappy rash cream or something on hand... either way you'll use it once bubs is here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now