Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Implantation bleeding = twins?

(18 Posts)
MsGrey14 Sat 10-Sep-16 21:16:18

This sounds so strange but I woke up 7 days after ovulation with cramping and a crazy feeling I was pregnant with twin boys out of no where and laughed at myself as I have 3 fertility issues and only tried for one month. When I got up I had spotting. I didn't worry or get upset that it was an early period because I 'knew' I was pregnant even though I have two children and never had implantation bleeding either time. With my two children I couldn't get a positive test for 6 weeks but I tested anyway 4 days before my period was due and got a faint line. Two days on I have 3 faint (but still obvious) tests and googled implantation bleeding and it suggested it could mean twins. Anyone have implantation bleeding on just one pregnancy and have or not have twins?

ShoeJunkie Sat 10-Sep-16 21:17:41

I had implantation bleeding with ds1 but not ds2. No twins either!

Taylor22 Sat 10-Sep-16 21:18:15

I've had implantation bleeding with both my singleton pregnancies. I've also gotten a BFP five days before AF. I really wouldn't bank on twins just yet. But the you never know.

MsGrey14 Sat 10-Sep-16 21:24:35

Haha I'm not hoping for twins, I'm terrified 😂

neonrainbow Sat 10-Sep-16 21:26:24

I had implantation bleeding at 8-9 weeks and it is twins.

neonrainbow Sat 10-Sep-16 21:27:40

I also got an early very strong bfp 4 days before af was due which can be a sign of twins apparently due to more hcg. That's what Google says anyway.

Bearfrills Sun 11-Sep-16 08:34:07

I had implantation bleeding with all six pregnancies and positive tests before AF was due. With my last three pregnancies I 'knew' I was pregnant within a couple of days of conception and was just waiting until the right time to test and with my current pregnancy I started throwing up three days before my period was even due.

No twins so far grin

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Sun 11-Sep-16 08:40:54

I've had implantation bleeding in all my pregnancies and got a bfp either before or right on af being due. No twins

petmyunicorn Sun 11-Sep-16 08:42:30

I've got twins and didn't have implantation bleeding. Every pregnancy is different.

CodyKing Sun 11-Sep-16 08:43:14

Apply for twins insurance! Quickly.

idontlikealdi Sun 11-Sep-16 08:46:40

I've got twins, no implantation bleeding, didn't even get a positive test until a couple of days late

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Sun 11-Sep-16 08:57:41

I had a bleed at 6+3ish....also had really high hcg levels. One baby. smile

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Sun 11-Sep-16 08:58:35

I had a bleed at 6+3ish....also had really high hcg levels. One baby. smile

PGPsabitch Sun 11-Sep-16 09:45:37

I had implantation bleeds with mine- no twins.

Congratulations on your pregnancy 😊

April241 Sun 11-Sep-16 22:40:10

I'm pregnant with twins, no bleeding at all but I did test positive 5 days before my period.

Dollydumps89 Tue 04-Oct-16 16:43:50

Hi, I'm new here. I am not ttc but had unprotected see a few times this month! I'm not due my period till next week but last night had brown discharge when I wiped (sorry if tmi) then nothing all night then light bleed today ( brown colour) I'm having bad cramps, all of this is unusual for me, I did do a pregnancy test last week as I've had a few symptoms l, sickness, tiredness, no appetite ( all of which were early symptoms of both my previous pregnancy) it was negative! But this has now confused me...any advice please confused

Nikki2ol6 Tue 04-Oct-16 17:00:37

I had implantation bleeding with my first baby (just one baby) but with my 3rd I had a feeling of twins and on an early scan there were two sacs. A week later one sac showed a fetus where as the other sac had shrunk and was empty.

HyacinthFuckit Tue 04-Oct-16 19:29:03

Two pregnancies, both singletons carried to term. One implantation bleeding, one no implantation bleeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now