Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bit of a moan! 27 weeks . . . Anyone else feeling like this?

(17 Posts)
WinterRose92 Sat 10-Sep-16 11:17:59

Hi, guys!
I'm currently sat at home having just come back from work as I feel so ill! I'm 27 weeks with my first, and for the past few weeks, I've had horrible heartburn, so have been living on gaviscon! 😂 The joys! But I went to work this morning and I felt okay at first, then all of a sudden I had to dash to the loo as I had a dodgy stomach, no warning at all! I felt okay after that and carried on for a while after then all of a sudden came over feeling sick, hot, cold and stomach felt bad again even though I couldn't go this time! Really weird. I'm sure it's not a bug, it doesn't feel like it is, if that makes sense. Sat at home now, feeling okay for now, but I just wanted to see if anyone else is feeling like this at the moment. Not been getting much sleep at the moment, worrying about all sorts, can't get comfy, all that stuff! Any advice, experiences would be appreciated. Sure I'm not alone! Thank you x

Bigfam Sat 10-Sep-16 11:21:11

Hi, I'm also 27 weeks (as of yesterday!) Are you over on the antenatal thread for december babies? It's brilliant lots of support advice and chatting (and moaning about the many 'joys' of pregnancy wink)
Hope you feel better soon grin x

WinterRose92 Sat 10-Sep-16 11:29:02

No, I'm not, but I'll definitely be going over there! Thank you! X

Bigfam Sat 10-Sep-16 11:32:07

No problem grin there's definitely a baby boom this december, a poster called kitkat manages to keep the list updated and it's absolutely huge! X

WinterRose92 Sat 10-Sep-16 11:36:32

Brilliant, just been having a look, it's nice to connect with others and know that you're not alone! How are you getting on? Do you know what you are having? X

Bigfam Sat 10-Sep-16 11:42:36

We're having our 4th girl, we only have one boy 😊 do you know what you're having?
Not too bad, I'm also living off the industrial sized gaviscon and it's definitely a life saver, if she wasn't due before, I'd just write a christmas wish list containing only gaviscon grin when are you due? X

WinterRose92 Sat 10-Sep-16 11:59:53

Aww, that's lovely! Your boy is outnumbered, then! 😂 We're having a boy! Can't wait, due date is 8th Dec. So you must be 9th? X

usernoidea Sat 10-Sep-16 12:08:55

Ranitidine (don't need prescription) helps me with my heartburn and comes in pills so you don't have to swallow that hideous pink chalky stuff!
I'm in early labour at home - 41 weeks and had a really rough pregnancy but you're way over half way so hopefully the end doesn't feel to far away X

Bigfam Sat 10-Sep-16 12:13:40

Yes due on the 9th, which is also my other half's birthday. My birthday is also in december on the 6th, then our eldest's on the 19th & our sons on the 15th. Jump to january and the other two girls are on the 6th and 28th grin
Have you got any names in mind yet?

Bigfam Sat 10-Sep-16 12:16:17

usernoidea how exciting grin cuddles with your baby soon (which will make up for a rubbish pregnancy) good luck! X

WinterRose92 Sat 10-Sep-16 12:39:35

usernoidea, amazing, so exciting! Sorry to hear you've had a rough pregnancy, though, not nice. Hope your labour goes smoothly for you, and good luck! Yeah, I know, hate the chalky texture! Will mention it midwife when I next see her. Bigfam, can't believe you have all those birthdays all at once! Brilliant. We're really settled on Alfie, we both love the name, it didn't take us long to come to it! Thought of names for your little one? X

Bigfam Sat 10-Sep-16 12:46:44

It's complete madness winkgrin
We were deciding between Connie and Romy, think we're going with Romy though.
Alfie is a great name grin x

WinterRose92 Sat 10-Sep-16 13:18:38

Aww, thank you grin Romy, that's a really gorgeous name, and not one you hear often. X

Bigfam Sat 10-Sep-16 13:26:21

Thanks grin how long til you leave work? Are you organised and bought most of your baby stuff or still got a lot to get? X

WinterRose92 Sat 10-Sep-16 14:28:28

We have the most important things, it's now just little bits, really. As of next Monday I'm cutting down my hours as I'm still doing really long days in care, and I can feel it's taking its toll now. But I'd like to start maternity leave early/mid November, I don't want to take to much time off in the beginning, I want more time to spend with my little one once he's born. Do you work? If so, when do you think you'll be going on leave? I've got to pick a date soon, though, I think you have to give them 28 days notice before you want leave to start, and also would be nice to know for sure when I'll be finishing! X

Bigfam Sat 10-Sep-16 14:44:32

No I'm not working, just at home looking after our youngest who is now 19months & the 4.5 year old (the older two are back at school now) who is starting reception next wednesday grin my partner works full time though, he has to with so many of us grin this is our last baby though and once she is old enough I'll be going back to work.
I definitely couldn't work long days like that though, so hats off to you! I know what you mean about wanting to spend as much time as you can with them before you go back to work, feels like you're pregnant forever and then when they're here they grow up in the blink of an eye 😊 x

WinterRose92 Sat 10-Sep-16 18:25:42

Crazy how fast time goes, really, you must be feeling it with 4.5 year old starting school! You've just got to make the most of it xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now