Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I pregnant or not???

(5 Posts)
sarina123456789 Sat 10-Sep-16 00:46:46

I stopped taking my pill on the Friday, near to the end of the pack. It's now Thursday and I haven't had no withdrawal bleed or period, I've had lots of unprotected sex. I took a pregnancy test yesterday came up negative but then I took another one and I had a straight line in the negative part and a horizontal line in the pregnancy box (the line was ment to be straight) could I be pregnant? Also I've been really emotional, head aches, cramps and just really not myself..... HELP PLEASE

ConvincingLiar Sat 10-Sep-16 07:37:54

I don't really understand what you mean about the test. What do the instructions say? Maybe you could post a photo.

If you only came off the pill a week ago I'd think it's unlikely that you're pregnant. Do you want to be pregnant?

Prinny94 Sat 10-Sep-16 09:07:14

I came off the pill around 4 weeks ago, and I conceived about 3 weeks ago which means I'm 5 weeks pregnant as the doctors add roughly 2 weeks on from the start off your period. (If you had one) I had no withdrawal bleed either but symptoms very much like you, coming of the pill can give you symptoms lime pregnancy as I thought I might have been pregnant in the early stages, but I think I was ovulating, I can't help with test as it's hard to picture what you are saying without an image smile I hope you get the news you want smile

Whatsername17 Sat 10-Sep-16 09:12:03

A woman's cycle is usually about 28 days long. On days 1-7 a woman has her period, between day 11 and 16 is when a woman will ovulate. Once you ovulate you have a 24-48 hour window in which you might get pregnant. The earliest you can get a positive pregnancy test is usually 12 -14 days after you ovulate. Therefore, there is no way you could already be pregnant and get a positive pregnancy test just a few days after having sex. Once your egg is fertilised, it takes between 6-9 days to implant in your womb, then it takes another 48 hours after that for hgc levels to become high enough to be detected by a pregnancy test. The only was you could realistically be pregnant now is if you didn't take your pill properly when you were on it. In which case you need to take another test in two days to confirm. Id recommend a digital one. It removes the confusion. I hope you get the outcome you want.

SolomanDaisy Sat 10-Sep-16 09:33:59

Do you think you may have become pregnant while on the pill? If not, no there is no chance you're pregnant. It sounds like your pregnancy test may be one that requires a cross, rather than just a line, to be pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now