Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

crazy cramping knicker checking lady, any one else?

(8 Posts)
user1473072700 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:19:03

Hi Girlys

Ive had multiple positive pregnancy tests the past week although my period is actually due in a few days. ( I found out and was tested early as I needed an xray) I am having period pains/cramps that vary in intensity but are pretty constant. Is this normal? Id love to here from people who have experienced similar and what the outcome has been? Im checking my knickers all the time convinced my period is coming and its driving me mad! Thank you! x

Prinny94 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:44:04

I am the same smile I think my period is coming but have been confirmed I'm pregnant, ive been having severe pains so I had an internal scan and blood tests and more this weekend :/ I don't know my outcome yet hopefully it's good news smile and I'm sure you will be fine too smile I know cramping and period pains is a normal early pregnancy symptom smile

SussexTeacher Fri 09-Sep-16 21:16:14

The checking your knickers hasn't calmed down for me and I'm 11 weeks!

Still get cramps, discharge, twinges that make me feel like I'm going to bleed.

Its all one big head f*ck!!

Nachoo Fri 09-Sep-16 21:21:44

waves

I'm 9 weeks and I'm still like this, complete with fun stomach cramps accompanied by bursts of pure terror.

I was exactly the same with my first...its not getting any easier second time!

Whatsername17 Fri 09-Sep-16 21:28:44

I had about 6 weeks of period like cramps and crazy knicker checking. I'm 21 weeks now. I've moved from knicker checking to counting kicks. There is an anxiety for each stage!

loulily27 Fri 09-Sep-16 23:36:26

Hi, I had bad cramps too but got a bfp 😊 I then had a really heavy bleed at about 6/7 weeks so thought I was having a mc. However had a scan and all fine. I was told cramps and bleeding can be sign of implantation.

I am now 32 weeks and all fine so try not to worry x

WhateverWillBe Sat 10-Sep-16 09:10:28

Yes, me too.

My problem is that I have no idea when my LMP was...I do know the successful date of DTD, which was 23/08...which puts me at 4+5 if conception was that same day...but I could be less than that because conception can take up to 5 days after DTD hmm

I've had four faint (but clearly positive, faint pink lines rather than grey so definitely not evap lines) positive tests. But i've got a constant 'just about to come on' feel. I'm not in pain as such, but an uncomfortable lower back, mild period like cramps. Every time I go to the loo, i'm inspecting the toilet paper after I wipe hmm . I also have complete lack of any other symptoms - no sore boobs, which I definitely had with a vengeance the other times.

I can't remember if I had the period-due feeling with ds1 and ds2 (or my first pregnancy which I mc at 9 weeks). But i'm convincing myself that this is a CP and trying not to get DH too excited (although I know he is).

zopeckham Sat 10-Sep-16 13:05:33

I had cramps in my stomach and back (which worried me as that's normally a sign of my period approaching for me) regularly in my first couple of weeks after testing positive, then had them on and off for the next couple of weeks and had a scan at 9 weeks showing baby was fine.

I still get twinges at nearly 12 weeks, although more hip/groin pain, which freaks me out but trying to think about it as a sign of my ligaments stretching and womb getting bigger for the baby....

hope you can find a little bit of calm between worrying and knicker checking!

I am crossing my fingers for a healthy 12 week scan next week and then looking forward to getting a growing bump to give some outward sign that things are going ok at least!

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now