Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this labour?

(8 Posts)
usernoidea Fri 09-Sep-16 11:04:42

40 + 2 preggers, think I had my "show" this morning. Was sort of light brown snot in my plug. Had a sweep a couple of days ago. Sore throbby lower back.
Had so many false alarms for weeks now that I think this might be just another one?
Anyone any thoughts? First baby so nothing to compare too X thanks flowers

ShutTheFridgeUp Fri 09-Sep-16 11:11:33

It certainly could be! How exciting! Just try and keep moving, if you have a ball get bouncing on it as it will help open up and relax your pelvis.
Fingers crossed its the start and you get to meet baby soon smile

usernoidea Fri 09-Sep-16 11:46:17

Thanks fridge! Love your name
Am typing and bouncing right now!
X

Nikki2ol6 Fri 09-Sep-16 11:50:05

It could just be from the sweep unfortunetly! As the sweep disturbs things and can often make the plug come away a few days later. Are you having any period cramping?

usernoidea Fri 09-Sep-16 12:08:56

Yes tightening of ribs and period pain in lower back but I've had this on and off for weeks now!

ShutTheFridgeUp Fri 09-Sep-16 12:20:29

It's difficult to ever really know for sure in the early stages. I was in complete denial for most of the day I was in labour!

Phwoggy Fri 09-Sep-16 12:20:48

I'm in the same position! Sweep on Wednesday and plug came away this morning. I'm having some period pains and pains low in my back but they come and go. I'm only 37+4 but being induced for GD on Monday if I don't go before then but I'm busy bouncing on my ball and hoping its sooner!

BettyOBarley Fri 09-Sep-16 12:22:29

It's hard to say as agree it could be from the sweep or could be the real thing! I lost loads of my plug after 1st and 2nd sweeps but still had to be induced...keep bouncing on that ball!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now