Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you start getting the bump?

(24 Posts)
justjay1123 Wed 07-Sep-16 14:29:53

I'm 14 weeks, stomach is still perfectly flat, just wondering when this changes and when other people started to get a bump.

Lj8893 Wed 07-Sep-16 14:39:03

Everyone's different and it will depend on your shape, size, stomach muscles etc.

I started to show about 28 weeks, but only in certain clothes. By about 32 weeks there was no hiding my bump!

Lj8893 Wed 07-Sep-16 14:40:36

At 14 weeks your uterus may still be tucked in your pelvis or only just out of your pelvis, especially if it's your first baby.

AudreyBradshaw Wed 07-Sep-16 14:56:11

I looked chubbier at 14 weeks, portly by 22 and now at 29 weeks I'm getting the "ooh, not long now!" And "it must be soon, your bump has dropped"

In reality baby has gone from being happily transverse to head down so my shape has changed. My dh is a 6 foot, 18 stone body builder and I'm 5,2 and sturdy so I wasn't expecting it to be a delicate little twink. However after the midwife said "well....It's certainly not a small baby" while palpating my abdomen I've started looking into vaginal fisting perineal massage.

AudreyBradshaw Wed 07-Sep-16 15:07:07

My point ,which I forgot to put because Dh was mithering, was, don't rush a bump! The longer you can go without inviting comment the better grin

justjay1123 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:42:48

This is reassuring news. I'm only 20 and of course this is my first baby. The only person I have to compare it too is my cousin who already had a very notice bump before her 12 week scan and now at 21 weeks cant put her own shoes on ect.. so I was just starting to become a bit concerned.

Annabrooke90 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:56:28

I've always had late showing bumps and rather tiny ones. I had my 5th baby 8 weeks ago, she has 9 week early but my family had only known for 2 weeks prior to her beem born so 29 weeks and they hadn't noticed so my bump wasn't obvious at all. Im 5'6 and a size 6-8 when not pregnant I just look like I gain weight more than anything. Midwife has always told me it's because I have good stomach muscles lol. But at 14 week it was very normal for me to have no bump at all. So don't worry we are all different smile

Annabrooke90 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:57:18

P.s sorry for all the typos, my phone is not very good.

LondonGirl83 Wed 07-Sep-16 17:27:26

My bump become more visible around 15 / 16 weeks. Still not obvious if you don't know what I normally look like or if I'm wearing something loose. It is totally different for everyone. There are plenty of people who don't look obviously pregnant until 5-6 months.

Most of the time my 'bump' could still be confused for a big meal

Jsh125 Wed 07-Sep-16 18:23:54

I was exactly the same as some of the other posters on here. My stomach barely changed at all until 17 or so weeks & then it was only visible to anyone who knew. It definitely expanded noticeably somewhere between 18&19 weeks. Am nearly 20 & get questioning looks off people who know me but that I haven't told (such as people from other organisations we work with) but could still hide it if I really wanted to.

BonesyBones Wed 07-Sep-16 18:27:19

First time around I didn't even know I was pregnant until 25 weeks and there was definitely no bump to give it away! I wouldn't worry, everyone's body develops differently in pregnancy.

Honeybee79 Wed 07-Sep-16 18:30:15

First time it was about 26 or 27 weeks. This time about 24 weeks.

Everyone's different so don't worry about it!

UnicornPee Wed 07-Sep-16 18:55:25

First pregnancy- didn't show until 25 weeks (even at my 20 week scan the woman was shocked I was pregnant)

Second pregnancy- showed about 18 weeks

This pregnancy- I'm 12 weeks and have a small bump already. I thought it was twins at first!!

Nikki2ol6 Wed 07-Sep-16 21:39:23

Mine has just appeared in the last 2 weeks and I'm 23 weeks now!

Melmam Wed 07-Sep-16 22:33:20

My first pregnancy I had a visable bump at 12 weeks I'm now 13 weeks pregnant with my second and I have a bump but only noticeable in some clothes.. When not pregnant I'm normally a size 8-10 so not big by any means I also carry big babies according to my last baby and my 12 week scan this time round.. Enjoy no bump while you can because you will wake up and suddenly it will be there hmm congratulations

LuchiMangsho Wed 07-Sep-16 22:45:56

I am a 10-12 when not pregnant, but very petite. First pregnancy, I didn't show till well past 20 weeks. People were always surprised when they found out I was pregnant. I only needed maternity tops at the end though, for a long time I just went up to size 14 on tops (I needed maternity bottoms to be comfortable).
2nd pregnancy was a miscarriage at 14 weeks- but I had a small bump at 12 weeks.
I'm 9 weeks today, and I have a small bump. My body clearly remembers being pregnant. I'm hoping to stay in 'normal' clothes through the first trimester at the very least.
My pelvic floor is also non-existent despite having a C-section last time.

BeccaSays Wed 07-Sep-16 22:56:56

I'm 13+3 and I've had a bit of a bump for 3 weeks! It's worse as the day goes on so some of it is likely to be bloating. I'm struggling with clothes at work and have to have the button on my trousers undone. Dresses are out of the question as its too noticeable. Hopefully I'll be able to share the good news soon then I can relax about it!

PeachBellini123 Thu 08-Sep-16 04:16:26

First baby and it was around 21/22 weeks that I really started showing. 24 weeks now and definitley hiding no it!

mowglik Thu 08-Sep-16 08:39:45

Wow I had a bump (must have been mostly bloat but it was always there) from about 10 weeks in my first pregnancy - by 20 weeks I was huge.

Second one I'm now 11 weeks and I had more of a bump before which must have been bloat but it's gone down now and only a little noticeable in tight clothes.

Crazycatlady123 Sat 10-Sep-16 10:56:03

I'm 17 weeks with my first and I've been showing for a few weeks! most of my clothes are maternity now my jeans have been difficult to do up for ages

Seekingmiracles Sat 10-Sep-16 18:03:46

I can still sort of hide it at 34 weeks. Although there is a Definite bump there. I'd say I had a proper bump at about 22/23 weeks but it's only been in the last 6 weeks I'd say that it's filled out properly.

sj257 Sat 10-Sep-16 18:32:45

First pregnancy I didn't tell some people until I was over 20 weeks so can't have been showing until then! Can't really remember, she's almost 10 lol. This one is baby 3 and was noticeably fatter from about 14 weeks but didn't get an actual bump until 17/18 weeks

MuffyTheUmpireSlayer Sat 10-Sep-16 18:34:27

Not until about 22 weeks both times round. I'm 31 weeks now and people who have seen me regularly are still only just starting to notice!

NameChange30 Sat 10-Sep-16 18:34:31

I'm 15+5 and I've had a little bump for a few weeks now. Tbh I think the later the better, as you can wear your normal clothes for longer! I already have hardly anything that fits me any more sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now