Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How often do hospitals lose your records?

(8 Posts)
Titchypanda Wed 07-Sep-16 10:37:48

I had a letter yesterday asking about the outcome of my iui treatment. This came from the Centre I've had my treatment at. They state that they have no records. I have no idea which treatment they are enquiring about. If it's the last one, they confirmed the pregnancy by scanning me there and wrote it in my notes!

This is frustrating, does this happen a lot? If this has come after my unsuccessful attempt, I would have been heartbroken all over again. It seems very insensitive to send these letters.

EreniTheFrog Wed 07-Sep-16 10:44:05

To me, this happens on roughly an annual basis. It's always due to my unusual and extensive range of medical conditions, and thereby my fault. I'm so sorry about your IUI not working flowers

Titchypanda Wed 07-Sep-16 11:11:01

Thank you. Happily this iui did, currently 20w. But was absolutely devastated when the previous one didn't. I would have been pretty angry if I got my letter after that cycle.

EreniTheFrog Wed 07-Sep-16 11:18:26

Am so glad you now pregnant. And I am sorry if my previous response was overly harsh or cynical. But sadly, it's fairly common on here for women to get appointment letters for pregnancies that have miscarried, too.

Ninasimoneinthemorning Wed 07-Sep-16 11:19:35

Easily.

They lost my Dh sperm sample. Boak!!

EreniTheFrog Wed 07-Sep-16 11:25:57

Yikes! Mind boggles..

Ladybunnyfluff Thu 08-Sep-16 10:31:34

When I was carrying my daughter 4 years ago the local hospital happened to lose me! My mum came in to visit and one nurse claimed I had been discharged, another claimed I had been moved on to another ward. In truth I was exactly where I had been since I was admitted. My mum was not impressed!

smellsofelderberries Thu 08-Sep-16 11:46:58

Very. I turned up to a GP appointment a few weeks after I miscarried (was at the GP a lot for pain meds etc after having surgery) and was scolded by the doctor for wasting NHS time by being a no-show to my 12 week scan shock she looked suitably embarrassed when I swiftly informed her of her mistake and that it wasn't my fault the hospital hadn't informed them that I'd actually cancelled my 12 week scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now