Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spa tone

(7 Posts)
elliej83 Wed 07-Sep-16 08:10:50

Didn't get on with iron tablets so trying spa tone. Have been taking it as per the instructions. First thing on an empty stomach with orange juice. It says two sachets for pregnant women. Last couple of days I've felt really sick after taking it and this morning I was physically sick. Anyone else having this issue?

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 07-Sep-16 08:13:11

Didn't make me sick at all.. Don't have both sachets in the morning though, that won't help. Have one in the evening and one in the morning. Try cranberry juice maybe?

April241 Wed 07-Sep-16 12:15:47

I take either one in the morning and one at night or sometimes both at night in a glass of fresh orange, haven't had any sickness from them. There's Apple flavoured sachets you could try or try them in different fruit juices. I hated the iron tablets too, far too many side effects.

ConvincingLiar Wed 07-Sep-16 19:40:11

I got used to it pretty quickly. I think you shouldn't have it at the same time as tea/coffee as something (maybe milk?) inhibits the iron absorption.

SerenDippitee Wed 07-Sep-16 23:53:17

Yes, don't take with tea or coffee as the tannins hinder absorption of the iron. If Spatone doesn't agree with you then you could try Floradix - it comes as tablets as well as a liquid.

NaturalMama86 Tue 13-Sep-16 01:58:39

Hi elliej83,

I used spa tone on and off with each of my 4 pregnancies. I found during one of my pregnancies it made me feel quite nauseous too.. so I switched to eating more fruits/foods high in iron instead. Apricots and kiwi's were great, along with mountains of green veggies too.

Hope this helps smile

SmallBee Tue 13-Sep-16 02:01:51

Didn't make me sick but did make me constipated which gave me horrendous, had to see a doctor, piles. So maybe break out the fybogel as well.
Isn't pregnancy FUN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now