Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weird pressure in abdomen 19 weeks pregnant

(7 Posts)
Jsh125 Tue 06-Sep-16 12:02:07

Hi everyone,

I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my 20 week scan next week. For the past couple of days I've had this weird pressure in my abdomen & it feels uncomfortable to lie on my back as it feels like something is pressing down on me.

Pregnancy so far has been normal & straightforward but this is definitely new & not sure if it's just the baby growing (got a very definite bump) or if I should be concerned. My stomach sometimes feels rock solid as well.

If anyone has any advice or has experienced this I'd be really grateful to hear it, not sure if it's worth a call to my midwife or not.

Thanks so much

PotteringAlong Tue 06-Sep-16 12:03:01

I'm not trying to be factious but is it not the baby? Is the weird pressure not the baby moving?

Jsh125 Tue 06-Sep-16 13:22:10

Thanks for the reply. I did wonder if it's just the weight of the baby or something but since it's my first I've got no idea what's normal & what's not!

Didn't want to pass it off as something trivial if it could be something more important.

divadee Tue 06-Sep-16 14:25:47

I'm 19 weeks along with my second and that's exactly what I feel. I think it's just baby getting into different positions as today it feels really low down for me and very heavy and full feeling. So I would say it's normal at this kind of stage.

Becciilouisex3 Tue 06-Sep-16 15:04:56

It does sound like its baby's weight and a lot of women find they just can't lie on their back after a certain point because the weight is just to much (I certainly do, I can't breathe if I lie on my Back haha)

Anything that worries you is worth calling the midwife about to put your mind at ease! They won't mind you calling at all smile

Titchypanda Tue 06-Sep-16 17:40:14

I'm 20w and I started feeling like that around 18/19w. It took me ages to work out it was baby, so don't worry. It then became a rolling pressure on abdomen. I asked a few people who I knew had kids and they all said that's the baby moving. It's an odd sensation, but good to know baby is moving around in there!

Jsh125 Tue 06-Sep-16 19:51:33

Thanks so much for your replies, definitely helped ease my concerns. Figured it was most likely the baby but also don't want to just presume. If it gets any weirder I'll definitely phone the midwife. God it's a long time between 12 & 20 week scan!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now