Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Growth scan

(6 Posts)
Moonrocks6 Mon 05-Sep-16 20:34:58

I had a midwife appointment today and my measurements have tailed off so she has referred me for a growth scan. I am measuring 38 at 38 plus 5. So not a huge difference I suppose.
On Saturday night I went to the loo and didn't realise until after that there must have been some blood on the tissue. I assumed that it must be a bit of a show so didn't worry about it, just hoped that it meant that baby would be here soon.
Now I am a worried.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Could you please share your experiences?

Moonrocks6 Mon 05-Sep-16 21:16:50

Anybody?

ooharmehearties Mon 05-Sep-16 22:01:56

Yes I was measuring small at 37 weeks, so had extra monitoring and scans. No two people are alike and bumps arn't all uniform. I went into labour at 37 weeks and dd was perfect, just wee. No pregnancy is the same, and no due date is the same.

Moonrocks6 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:41:36

Thank you for your reply. Am so pleased to hear how perfect your lo is.

I've just dropped below the 90th percentile which is what has triggered the scan.
The logical part of me knows that this is still a good size but I can't help worrying about the sudden drop off.
I just wish that the hospital would ring with an appointment now so that I can stop fretting.

AliceInHinterland Mon 05-Sep-16 22:46:27

Can you afford to pay for a private scan? Late pregnancy is tough enough without extra days of worrying.

Moonrocks6 Mon 05-Sep-16 23:01:39

MW said it should be within the next 48 hours so I doubt I could organise anything any faster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now