Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Post c section trousers

(14 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Mon 05-Sep-16 17:01:39

Can someone help me and suggest some trousers for 4 days post c section?

I have pj bottoms but I would like to feel like I am actually getting dressed.

My jogging bottoms don't fit!

Acunningruse Mon 05-Sep-16 19:36:11

After my section last time I was still in maternity overbump leggings for a couple of weeks then leggings in next size up. If just in the house I was wearing yoga pant style trousers (got mine from sainsburys) but didn't go out in them as they are always too long (am 5ft nothing grin)

Acunningruse Mon 05-Sep-16 19:37:15

Or if weather still nice maxi dresses? I didn't BF tho so not sure if that would work with feeding.

Mymouthgetsmeintrouble Mon 05-Sep-16 19:40:50

Leggings some places do high waisted or cheap stretchy harem pants from ebay

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Mon 05-Sep-16 19:42:24

Primark loungewear.

hippydippybaloney Mon 05-Sep-16 19:43:15

Yoga trousers with a fold down waist

43percentburnt Mon 05-Sep-16 19:45:31

I wore pregnancy jeans from h and m. They have a stretchy bit which goes over your bump when pregnant, provides great feeding coverage too.

Heirhelp Mon 05-Sep-16 19:48:38

Pregnancy jeans were no good for me as they pushed on my scar. I wore pregnancy leggings.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Mon 05-Sep-16 19:49:41

Maternity leggings from topshop or new look maternity black stretchy joggers

All the jeans - maternity or normal - have seams that will be uncomfortable for a while

AWafferthinmint Mon 05-Sep-16 19:50:11

New look have some high waisted leggings which are pretty cheap, I bought a few pairs in a bigger size for post c section. I mainly wore my maternity leggings though, I felt very thin in them!

PeppaPigStinks Mon 05-Sep-16 21:44:15

Wow thank you!

I can't even contemplate maternity jeans at the moment on the wound.

Leggings a size up sounds good.

Thanks for hypermesis and gestational diabetes I didn't put on much weight and therefore didn't buy much bigger size normal stuff!

I might get DH to take me to asda or sainsbury tomorrow for a slow walk and see what I can find!

ConvincingLiar Mon 05-Sep-16 23:49:02

Yoga pants are comfy but suitable for public consumption.

wafflesandpeas Tue 06-Sep-16 12:52:09

I got sent home after a c section with a catheter in, so I spent the first week just in nighties as I had nothing that would not squash my scar, that I could breastfeed in and could fit my catheter bag in.... so very glamorous this having a baby lark!!

Chuckading Tue 06-Sep-16 12:58:42

maternity yoga pants that go up and over the bump, i lived in them until i could handle anything touching around the scar area... and massive knickers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now