Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

insomnia

(9 Posts)
Helbelle75 Mon 05-Sep-16 05:35:38

Aaaargh, can't sleep. Woke up at 3 to go for a wee and still awake. Alarm set to go off at 7.
Really worried about being completely exhausted at work.
Any tips?

Heirhelp Mon 05-Sep-16 05:39:05

It is good practice for when baby arrives. I am currently in bed listening to my baby sing.

For me the relaxation techniques track on the hyponatal CD worked but I think only because I was also doing the hypnobirthing thing of listening to the full tracks as well.

ElliemackB Mon 05-Sep-16 05:40:52

So sorry, no tips but I'm here with you feeling the same way 😞
The more I try to get back to sleep the more my brain thinks of new things to think about! Good luck today when you do get to work and here's hoping we don't fall asleep in the middle of something important! Xx

Helbelle75 Mon 05-Sep-16 05:46:34

I'm only 8 weeks and worrying that not getting enough rest will somehow not be good for my little bean.
Will try some of the sleep apps I think.
Training day at school so should be ok. Need rest for the kids back on Tuesday though.

Heirhelp Mon 05-Sep-16 05:49:00

First day back at school after the summer holidays nobody can get to sleep. It is the teacher law.

Run247 Mon 05-Sep-16 05:56:58

I can only manage to sleep very lightly and wake probably 8 times per night.. At least 4 for loo breaks. Not impressed.

maroda16 Mon 05-Sep-16 06:09:06

Try the gentlebirth app, there are tracks on it to help you sleep and they're amazing! I have a five month old and when I was in the last 3 months of pregnancy I woke every night at /am and couldn't get back to sleep, the app came out the week before my baba was born, I feel your pain, it's awful

maroda16 Mon 05-Sep-16 06:09:47

*2am!

ktkaye Mon 05-Sep-16 06:16:08

Another pregnant non sleeper here. It sucks!!! Tried a natal hypnobirth track at 11 and managed a few hours. Best sleep here has been happening from 5 to around 7.30 but back to work today so about to get up. I feel your pain ...
To the PP who worried about the effect of insomnia on baby - don't!!! I'm 29 weeks so can now tell when my LO is awake or asleep. He just snoozes the whole time quite happily, it's us that feels it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now