Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby coming early?

(16 Posts)
elliej83 Sat 03-Sep-16 21:51:49

Has anyone else had a feeling their baby would come early and been right?

I've been adamant all the way through ours will be late as most first are but of late the baby is engaged and I've just got the feelings it's not going to hold out much longer. Am 33 weeks now.

shipperssss Sat 03-Sep-16 21:59:53

I said from early on that I wouldn't go full term, I just knew.

DD1 was born at 36+6 so I was right.

YangYang Sat 03-Sep-16 22:11:23

I knew that my first baby would be early and that it would be a boy (mum's intuition).

...She was 2 weeks late hmm anything can happen but all the best OP

Dixiechick17 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:34:49

I was high risk and had steroid injections at 24 weeks. I had a really strong feeling she would arrive at 37 weeks, she hung in until 40+5 hmm lol

DrWhy Sat 03-Sep-16 22:39:15

I've been partially engaged consistently since at least 6 months, I'm now at 39+3 and precisely nothing further has happened. I've always been of the view that it will be late so we'll see.

Laura05 Sun 04-Sep-16 01:44:04

I was sure that DD would be early as all babies on my side including myself and my siblings were early but she arrived at 40+4. It's just one of these things that I don't think you can know for sure.

quitecrunchy Sun 04-Sep-16 05:24:32

I had a strong feeling baby would be early. I hit 42 weeks today...

Mummageddon Sun 04-Sep-16 06:03:14

I had no idea DC1 would be early and I was shocked to go into preterm labour.
With DC2 I was utterly convinced I wouldn't make it to term. I had loads of Brixton hicks each day and I felt like they'd be even earlier, but DC2 arrived at 39 weeks.

SmallBee Sun 04-Sep-16 06:20:41

I was convinced DD would be early as the previous two generations on my mother's side were all born at least a week early (DM was three months early and 2lbs!) however she was born after being induced on her due date.

DS I was sure he'd be late and was nine days early.

I have terrible instincts.

elliej83 Sun 04-Sep-16 09:06:26

I feel better now!! I think I just have a tummy bug at the moment and I was concerned it was the start smile

Annabrooke90 Sun 04-Sep-16 10:39:50

I was convinced ds1 would be early he was born at 42 weeks.

I was then adamant with ds4 and having had three labours and births previous to him that he was actually going to be early. I gave birth at 34 weeks.

Then with DC5 (dd1) again I was adamant she would be early, she was born 9 weeks early that was 7 week and 5 days ago now.

The last two times though were more than just feelings. Id had many signs. With ds1 it was just a feeling and lots of braxton hicks

UnicornPee Sun 04-Sep-16 15:29:52

First child I expected to be 2 weeks late. I was one day early.
Second child I expected to be 2 weeks early, I was 2 weeks late

user1471455287 Sun 04-Sep-16 17:00:18

I had a feeling our little surprise would be a boy and be early.....

We welcomed our gorgeous boy last Sunday at 39+2.

Pinklily1 Sun 04-Sep-16 17:12:28

I was also convinced baby would come early. All recent babies on my side of the family have been a week early, and midwife told me at my 38 week appointment that she would be flabbergasted if I reached 40 weeks. Another midwife told me last week that she thought baby would be here by this weekend at the latest.

I'm now 40+5 with no sign of baby hmm

Number4OnTheWay Sun 04-Sep-16 17:16:25

with dd2, I went into early labour at 31 weeks and was really worried. I had steroid injections and was put on bedrest. I had a positive ttn (? I can't remember what it was called 🙈) test and even cancelled a uk holiday as we were advised baby would be early and we needed to stay close by.

She held on till 41 weeks confusedangry I was so p'd off!!

Mybugslife Sun 04-Sep-16 17:18:10

Yep with my 1st I said right from the offset that she was going to be early and she came at 34+1.
Adamant this one will be early too so I'm going to make sure I'm prepared X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now