Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Showing early

(13 Posts)
Spingroll16 Thu 01-Sep-16 11:43:07

Hi all,

Why do some people show earlier than others? Genuine question.
I am 5ft3 and around 10 stone... and im only 11+2 but already showing...
there is a noticeable bump im finding it more difficult to hide!

Yet, other people don't show til like 20 weeks !! How early did you all show?

MagpieCursedTea Thu 01-Sep-16 11:48:39

My first pregnancy I didn't show until quite late, this time I started getting a little bump around 12 weeks then really popped at about 16 weeks. All pregnancies and women are different though. Enjoy your bump!

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 01-Sep-16 11:51:12

In my experience (currently pregnant with DC2) "showing" before 12 weeks is almost always hormonal bloat that goes down, and then real "bump" starts to emerge after around 20 weeks smile that was the case for me anyway!
I'm similarly built to you (5'3" and around 8.5 stone when not pregnant). I had early pregnancy bloat with Dd, but then that disappeared and I didn't show properly until around 24 weeks! This time around the same thing happened, but I was showing proper bump from around 18/19 weeks smile I'm 31 weeks now and the size of a house blush

Slave2thecat Thu 01-Sep-16 11:51:37

I started showing at a similar point - this is baby number 1 for me. I don't think its that unusual but the late show-ers tend to talk about it more than us early show-ers.

Spingroll16 Thu 01-Sep-16 12:02:16

I've got my fingers crossed its early bloat, that will go down and not come back til 20 weeks!

I'm getting married when i'll be 16 weeks , it would be ideal if my bump went down.. bump or fat whatever it is! ha ha ha!!

Trifleorbust Thu 01-Sep-16 18:18:12

I was definitely showing by 16 weeks. It wasn't massive but the bump was there!

Tinklypoo Thu 01-Sep-16 18:25:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Laura05 Thu 01-Sep-16 18:36:35

I didn't show much at all with DD I just looked like I was slighy bloated after 35weeks. With DS I was slightly bigger but not massively (I could pass for being extremely bloated) With this one I basically filled out at the beginning! I'm 12+2 at the minute and it's definitely obvious (although no one has the balls to say anything grin) I had a lot of comments 4months ago about how flat my stomach but I've had to swap to baggy tops to try hide it haha!

UnicornPee Thu 01-Sep-16 18:38:47

First child: didn't show at all until after week 20 and it was a small neat little bump.

Second child: didn't show until 18 weeks then I got huge towards the end.

This pregnancy: I'm nearly 12 weeks and have a round obvious bump already and boobs like Katie price

doodlejump1980 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:26:29

I was showing at 11 weeks, but then I had twins... 😆

Oysterbabe Thu 01-Sep-16 20:51:04

I was in maternity jeans at 7 weeks but I think it was mostly cake.

Spingroll16 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:09:39

Thank you!

Twins run in the family, but I am hoping it is just one baby! I have my 12 week scan in two weeks, when i'll be 13 weeks so I will find out how many are in there then!

There is an obvious bump, people have already commented on it...
My dress fitter knows this and I am scheduled for a fitting one week before my wedding! Eeeeek!!

CwtchyQ Fri 02-Sep-16 09:15:43

I had a bump this time from 11 weeks. Not huge, but noticeable. Didn't show with DD until 17 weeks. I am 14 weeks now and it's undeniable. Dreams of keeping it quiet until after 20 weeks for my sanity gone out the window!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now