Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crazy smell sense

(11 Posts)
user1472314305 Tue 30-Aug-16 22:02:22

Anyone else had this, all I can smell is stinky socks. I cannot find the source of the smell. Has this been a weird symptom for anyone else???

JollyHockeyGits Tue 30-Aug-16 22:35:05

I had a heightened sense of smell throughout my pregnancy - it's quite common! It gave me the major boak grin Could you perhaps just be noticing smells which you wouldn't normally pick up?

user1472314305 Tue 30-Aug-16 22:51:56

Just found a pair of slippers on the other side of the room and put them out. The smell is now gone. This is a good sign that sticky baby dust has landed!!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 30-Aug-16 22:57:57

oh the smells!

boiling water...even hot tap water, tea, coffee, toast, burning toast, the fridge, the car.....oh the car heater <boak>

I couldn't go to certain places because of the smell! "I can't go...it's going to smeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll!" pregnant woman weeps!

Sugarcoma Tue 30-Aug-16 23:04:48

I was going to post something on this the other day - my worst ones at the moment are soaps!

Had to hide all the Carex hand washes because they were making me so nauseous (replaced them with Simple fragrance free bars, which are great) but even body wash is really bad. Can't go in the bathroom after my husband has showered and he's already changed soaps once because I complained about the last one. Am just about coping with my Dove body wash but slowly going off that too.

Also had to buy fragrance free deodorant because went through two deodorants that were both making me feel awful. Read some advice on here to not wear your favourite perfume in pregnancy as you'll never want to wear it again afterwards so have stopped wearing it completely. It's good I'm not leaving the house much atm because I probably smell awful to everyone else!!

kay2684 Wed 31-Aug-16 06:31:46

coins the metallic smell and I'm like a bloodhound I can tell anytime Anyone has been touching it

EreniTheFrog Wed 31-Aug-16 10:01:55

From about 6-8 weeks I was able to smell everything my next door neighbour was cooking. Lots of heavy meaty casseroles, and the occasional fry up.

thecatsarecrazy Wed 31-Aug-16 12:16:01

Yes it was my first pregnancy symptom. Its awful. Smells that stand out..
Garlic
Washing up liquid
Ladies perfume
Kitchen bin
Cats food
As someone on here once said its the worst super power ever

JollyHockeyGits Wed 31-Aug-16 20:40:01

Just remembered I burst into tears when my DH farted because of a mixture of this unfortunate super-power and pregnancy emotions!

acsec Wed 31-Aug-16 20:43:26

You do get used to your super smell power and don't notice it as much as the months go on imo. Though, perhaps in reality the overwhelming exhaustion, acid indigestion and hip pain over rule it grin

Scotmum83 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:43:45

It's the worst had it with my first but not with the boaking! Nearly puked at a family members stinky feet at the weekend. Toddlers nappies are killing me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now