Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

early pregnancy / morning sickness shameless whinge thread

(34 Posts)
microferret Tue 30-Aug-16 17:11:15

Right, I'll kick things off.

I'm 9 weeks in and hating every second of it. Vomiting a lot more than last time. This time I have a very sweet but very energetic toddler to entertain, which really helps with my fatigue hmm. Everything smells disgusting. The fumes of downstairs' cooking are wafting up into my living room and though I know objectively they are cooking something delicious, to me it smells as rancid as a putrefying carcass. I'm constantly forced to eat food I don't want so that I won't be sick. I think I might weep if I have to eat another piece of dry toast. I'll certainly cry if one more person suggests I try ginger. Everybody I know suddenly has foul breath. And I know that even when this ends, I'm going to have spots, thrush, swollen fat sausage legs, kidney pain, leg cramps and a small human kicking me in the fanny from the inside out at 3am.

Ahhhh I feel better! Anybody else want to join in?

sammylou1 Tue 30-Aug-16 17:29:41

Yes to the breath thing! I offended my DH the other morning when I complained about his morning breath.

I'm now on tablets for the nausea which are helping A LOT. See your GP if you're having too tough a time.

microferret Tue 30-Aug-16 17:47:26

Thanks Sammy, I'll ask next time I'm at the Dr smile Acupuncture has worked for me, my mum gave me two treatments, but now I've got to find a clinic as I live in Germany and she's gone back to the UK. Hopefully that'll ease the sickness!

Nobody else? Are we the only people languishing miserably in the throes of early gestation? Come on, don't be shy grin

UnicornPee Tue 30-Aug-16 17:51:22

I'm 11 weeks in and constant nausea and tiredness.
I feel like I'm on a ship on rough sea.
I'm asleep by 9pm every night.
I wake 5 times a night to pee.
I wake at 6am and that's me wide awake.
Moan moany moan xx

sammylou1 Tue 30-Aug-16 18:51:57

Yes unicorn to the night time peeing and the early waking!
I also find I seem to wake at around 2am starving hungry and have to find a snack!

sammylou1 Tue 30-Aug-16 19:00:38

Unicorn I'm 10+4 so very similar to you. Xx

Secretloverofsparklystuff Tue 30-Aug-16 19:03:04

Has anyone ever had body aches? Like full on I've ran ten miles and can't walk achy legs? Im only very early on, but every muscle seems to be aching, I don't remember this at all with my other dcs :-(

Floozie66 Tue 30-Aug-16 19:07:32

14 weeks and it is only just easing up slightly ie not sick everyday , some relief from nausea when eating and after for half an hour and have managed to go out the house today!! Still really tired all the time and all food tastes like . Did take some anti nause meds for 4 weeks which enabled me to eat but felt like i had been hit over the head with a sledgehammer. Its really hard to feel anything positive about the whole pregnancy when you feel like this. When the MW said to me 'have you tried ginger' I had to really bite my tongue - its so undermines how ill you really feel !!!

Bellatrixandstrange Tue 30-Aug-16 19:33:24

It's so miserable isn't it! I wake up through the night to pee and just for good measure find myself vomiting for four hours, finally get back to sleep at six then have to get up. So tired during the day that I achieve nothing and all I can think about is sleep!! Pregnancy is miserable and because it's so early I can't tell ppl and get lots of sympathy.

microferret Tue 30-Aug-16 20:07:14

oh bella tell them! I tell everyone straight away, that way if something does go wrong they will all know to be extra nice to me. I do hate this no telling til 12 weeks bollox, it's basically designed to shield other people from awkwardness in case you have an MC, it doesn't actually benefit the woman expecting at all. I mean what benefit can it possibly hold if it means you can't even get help and sympathy for a 24 hour vomathon?

and sledge yes the ginger-pushers can naff off. I tried ginger during my last pregnancy and the only outcome was extra-aromatic vomit.

microferret Tue 30-Aug-16 20:09:08

Did I say sledge ? I meant floozie - it must be my poor pregnancy hormone-addled brain....

Sunshineonacloudyday Tue 30-Aug-16 20:13:12

With my first I had awful morning sickness I made myself eat. Smells were disgusting I had to have a smell free environment. Depending on how bad you feel I would try and leave out the doctor as a last resort. You could try cooking with fresh ginger in your food. You could mix it in your gravy or stew.

Sunshineonacloudyday Tue 30-Aug-16 20:14:34

-- You could try cooking with fresh ginger in your food. You could mix it in your gravy or stew.--

Did not read last post.

Bubbinsmakesthree Tue 30-Aug-16 20:25:45

Joining you for a moan. 7 weeks and I cannot wait until the end of the 1st trimester. 2nd pregnancy and feeling worse than the first time - plus having a toddler to entertain and a busy job that I end up having to do on my 'days off'.

Really don't want to tell anyone until we are past 12 weeks (told people earlier last time and regretted it), but we have family staying with us for a fortnight and it is so hard trying to but a brave face on it and vomit quietly in secret.

Bubbinsmakesthree Tue 30-Aug-16 20:32:11

Yeah smells are bad news. I was eating my dinner at arms length because the smell made me sick but getting food inside helps.

Last time I remember DH (who isn't normally much of a cook) lovingly preparing me a slow-roasted casserole when I was feeling at my worst. The smell filled the entire house for hours! Managing to force it down with a smile on my face remains one of the greatest sacrifices I have made for the sake of our relationship!

newbieho Mon 05-Sep-16 02:25:21

Bubbsinmakesusthree - that is a massive sacrifice, five stars for that! I'm only 4w but feel nauseous most of the time. I was a foodie but nowadays the thought of eating makes me feel sick. Can't feel the taste any more and everything stands in my throat confused

NerrSnerr Mon 05-Sep-16 03:08:46

I'm 8 weeks and feeling really rough. I was the same last time too. I'm having to force food down but everything makes me feel awful. Ginger makes me feel terrible too.

SharkBastard Mon 05-Sep-16 05:53:53

Can i jump in too?

This nausea is bullshit. Thing is, I can't even complain as my last 2 pregnancies I didn't get symptoms and they resulted in miscarriages! I had mys daughter 8 years ago and was sick as a dog for 16 weeks...I'm now 7 weeks and remember why the fuck it's taken 8 years to think pregnancy was a good idea.

I can barely sleep, I dry heave when I wake, ginger can fuck off, and crackers are no good without cheese.

Been up since 4am, thankfully have a day off work today but that means I'll end up sat on my fat arse watching telly and moaning about how shit I feel.

Also PREGNANCY RUINS FOOD! Food I usually love just tastes bland and is hard to eat

NerrSnerr Mon 05-Sep-16 07:43:10

Since I posted this morning the sickness has started. I have been sick three times this morning and still feel rough. I am supposed to be taking a new member of staff out at work today- driving round to see different work places so no idea what I am going to do about that. If it continues I will need to see GP about antiemetics but I took them last time and they made me too drowsy to drive so couldn't work. Nightmare

newbieho Mon 05-Sep-16 10:17:38

I managed to eat (and keep inside so far) a toast with jam and butter star if only my fav green tea would not taste like yuck sad

herewegoagain4749 Mon 05-Sep-16 11:31:38

Ooooh yes, first trimester is a b******. Nausea is much worse than with my first, I threw away my microwave today as I couldn't clean it enough to get rid of the 'smell' (which my hubby thinks doesn't exist!). Really worrying about how I'm going to manage to fly to Birmingham on Friday for work, then starting a new job next week! FYI they do't know I'm preg...on top of the guilt and awkwardness and nervousness, got to try to hide my bump and seabands...not looking forward to it.

doubletrouble41 Mon 05-Sep-16 11:39:54

Oh bless you all, it's shit isn't it? I feel ridiculosly comforted to find a group of people as miserable about pregnancy as me! Dont get me wrong, I'm looking so forward to meeting my babies (I'm expecting GG twins in November)a dream come true etc etc blabla but this pregnancy has sucked and I think I deserve a bloody knighthood. Everything stank to the point of making me retch 24/7 for the first 18 weeks (I'm at wk 25 and it still returns) got huge swollen hobbit feet , anaemia that makes me dizzy and my breast are gargantuan and sore with enormous beefburger nipples, I'm over emotional, get migraines, have gingivitis which makes my gums bleed profusely, and have no energy and everyone hates me because I'm a whinging bastard.

doubletrouble41 Mon 05-Sep-16 11:41:06

Oh and get recurring pelvic pain.... I could go on.... and on....

SharkBastard Mon 05-Sep-16 12:30:22

Hats off Double you have got it exceptionally hard! 2 babies TWO!!!!!

I've just bought some travel sickness bands...hoping they work and if not I hope they offer some sort of placebo effect!

Still feel utterly rough! Hangover without the fun

newbieho Mon 05-Sep-16 12:47:54

Double - you rock star

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now