Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Overactive bump

(13 Posts)
elliej83 Tue 30-Aug-16 14:04:27

I've read a lot about babies not moving enough but I'm 32 weeks now and baby has literally not stopped moving for nearly two days. Should I be worried?

abbinobb Tue 30-Aug-16 14:10:07

www.kickscount.org.uk/mums/your-babys-movements/what-is-increased-fetal-movement/

U think maybe give your midwife a call but don't worry too much I'm sure it's all fine but always best to get checked out

elliej83 Tue 30-Aug-16 14:25:51

I phoned and she just said no issues with increased movement only decreased so will take their word for it.

LillianFullStop Tue 30-Aug-16 14:39:30

Hi ellie I've been told to watch reduction in movement only as well. I'm 32w and like you the baby seems to be doing the samba these days. My pregnancy baby book also says that says at 32-33w the amniotic fluid is at max capacity now so baby gets bigger but no additional fluid - which means there is less fluid cushioning her movements.

Squtternutbosch Tue 30-Aug-16 15:59:13

Mine too! 31 + 1 and mine is rolling, kicking, punching, dancing and generally having a really lovely time keeping me awake all hours of the night and making it difficult for me to sit still becazse I have to shift positions every time he does.

Sounds like there are a few of us in the same boat!

elliej83 Tue 30-Aug-16 23:46:17

I rang back because my stomach was going really hard and cramping and the midwife asked me to come in. She said same as the count the kicks and that if the baby isn't getting at least 40 mins rest at a time it's a concern so I'm now in overnight.

Kariana Wed 31-Aug-16 09:00:33

Oh wow just come across this and didn't realise that was a concern. I'm 33 weeks now but last week the baby was moving almost all the time. He's slowed right down now and I was actually panicking that I should go in about reduced movement, looking at that link I should be worried about the drop being after an increase. Thing is the movements seem to be picking up again now and last time I went in for monitoring he beat up the sensor as soon as they strapped it to my bump so I felt like a bit of a fool! Pregnancy is a lot more worrying than I expected confused

Kariana Wed 31-Aug-16 09:01:21

Ellie I hope everything is ok this morning!

elliej83 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:37:24

Kariana they all beat up the sensor as soon as it goes on apparently as its putting pressure on where they are but the good thing is to go and get checked out. I felt stupid ringing yesterday and saying my baby is moving too much and I'm pretty sure the doctor agreed until she felt how relentless it was. Felt like it jut couldn't get comfy. Off for a scan today so we will see how that goes smile

Kalispera Wed 31-Aug-16 09:43:25

Good luck OP!

For what it's worth DS moved constantly for months, to the point where I felt sick all the time. It was like having washing going round in my stomach all the time.

He's now 4 and he still never just sits on his bum!

LillianFullStop Wed 31-Aug-16 11:20:14

I find LO kicks about more when I'm resting or lying down. crazy samba moves. But if I'm out and about - either walking or sat on a train I think the movement lulls her to sleep. She sleeps when I sleep though eventually because I wake up and she's still but as soon as I get up to go to the bathroom it wakes her up and off she goes again!

LillianFullStop Wed 31-Aug-16 11:20:41

Hope scan goes well ellie and that LO is just a dancer

ShowOfHands Wed 31-Aug-16 11:28:41

I'm glad you're being checked. Any change is worthy of note; increase or decrease. My good friend had a sudden increase in movement with no breaks. Her baby was in severe distress and thankfully, a cons appointment clashed with this increase and she had an emcs immediately.

There is a MNer who had the same change and the outcome was not good.

Always best to check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now