Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Smoke Fire

(5 Posts)
Summerblaze100 Mon 29-Aug-16 21:18:11

Just been to my parents house for a BBQ. I had my meat cooked in the oven. The stuff on the BBQ was almost cooked when I got there and I sat at the end of the garden where the smoke wasn't blowing.

After we had eaten, the BBQ went out and my mum brought out marshmallows for the kids to toast. My dad pulled out some wood that he was getting rid of. Some just looked like untreated wood and some looked like it was an old bannister. He put it on the BBQ, set it alight and the kids did their thing. My dad then decided that he had loads of wood and would save him taking it to the tip so he kept putting it on.

I tried to keep out of the way but I could smell it in the air, had to deal with the kids etc which meant going closer to the smoke or walking past it. We were there around 3 hours.

Googled when I got home and have really panicked myself now.

I'm 31 weeks pg.

Smidge001 Mon 29-Aug-16 21:31:37

What exactly are you panicking about confused. I don't see an issue?

NerrSnerr Mon 29-Aug-16 21:39:44

What did Google say? I really can't think what the problem would be. I'm sure it's absolutely fine.

Summerblaze100 Mon 29-Aug-16 21:40:28

Inhaling the smoke from the fire. I've looked online and says that this isn't good for the baby.

caroldecker Mon 29-Aug-16 21:49:21

It basically says there is no research, but chemicals may be an issue and carbon monoxide may be an issue.
the truth is, unless you live on a remote island, car fumes in the air as you walk down the street are more harmful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now