Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Allowance?

(7 Posts)
NovemberInDailyFailLand Sat 27-Aug-16 10:10:31

Does anyone know how long this takes? I sent off the forms in the first week of August, but haven't heard a sausage. No acknowledgement, no letter. Not sure if to chase or not?

artlessflirt Sat 27-Aug-16 10:13:38

If I remember correctly I had exactly the same thing. No acknowledgement or confirmation until over a month afterwards, but it did come and was all sorted. If you haven't heard in the next week or so I'd give them a ring.

toadierocks Sat 27-Aug-16 11:48:20

Yes same with me.... I waited weeks and eventually called them to chase - they said they had a backlog!! they did back date mine with no qualms. if you're worried then call them and chase smile

Becciilouisex3 Sat 27-Aug-16 13:04:28

I sent mine off at exactly the same time as you! Gave them a call last week as hadn't heard anything and wanted to make sure they'd received it. They had and said it was likely I wouldn't hear anything until early-mid September!

It does say 14 working days on the site, though I'm not sure why if they know it takes them longer! x

NovemberInDailyFailLand Sat 27-Aug-16 13:34:21

Thank you all smile

Bit more reassured now - do you get a letter or does it just go in the bank?

I wish they'd hurry. Don't they see that I need money to buy Maltesers and trifle??

Becciilouisex3 Sat 27-Aug-16 17:01:35

I'm pretty sure you get a letter of confirmation as to what you're entitled to and how it will be paid etc. That's what it says on the website! Then again we know how reliable that is... Haha grin

artlessflirt Sun 28-Aug-16 11:00:14

I got a letter stating what I was entitled to and how and when it would be paid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now