Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy after infertility treatment?

(3 Posts)
AbstractAnnie Thu 25-Aug-16 21:40:13

Hi all,

I was TTC for just over 2 years and have been receiving fertility treatment for a year. This month we have struck lucky and I am pregnant (4 weeks). We are just over the moon. I had the pregnancy comfirmed today by my gp and my fertility consultant has arranged a scan for us at week 7. If all is well with the scan I would be discharged from the fertility department.

I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive (not my intention at all) but supposing I were to miscarry after being discharged (7 weeks is still quite early) would I then have to wait to get referred back to fertility? I'm so happy about this pregnancy as it's all we've dreamed of for years but I can't help but worry. If anyone could shed any light on this (perhaps any medical mumsnetters) is be really grateful. So shocked to finally be pregnant.

AbstractAnnie Thu 25-Aug-16 21:41:41

What I should have added is that I've heard that pros and endometriosis increase your risk of miscarriage

AbstractAnnie Thu 25-Aug-16 21:41:51

*pcos

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now