Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Peeing at night in early pregnancy

(8 Posts)
babyblabber Tue 23-Aug-16 08:34:21

Remind me of I will get a break from this soon.

I'm 15 weeks and for the last couple of months wake at least 4 times a night with a full bladder. I don't drink much during the day (in fact I don't drink enough fluids I'd say, 4-5 glasses of water on a good day) and I never drink anything after 6pm!

I know the end of pregnancy I'll be up even more but wil I get a break from constant night weeing in between? It's exhausting!

PotatoBread Tue 23-Aug-16 08:38:19

I was up more times in the night peeing in my first & second trimester than I was in the third. The constant peeing was replaced by General unconfomtableness in the 3rd trimester. My DD is 7 weeks old and I've had more sleep since she's been born than I did throughout my entire pregnancy. Not much help to you OP but just try and grab a nap when you can - I used to try and get 45min when I got in from work

Whatsername17 Tue 23-Aug-16 09:25:01

I'm having my 2nd dc and I'm up several times too. You should increase your water intake. The peeing is something you just have to get used to I'm afraid!

Boomies Tue 23-Aug-16 09:54:11

I had a break from the peeing between about 20-30weeks but now back to getting up every 45mins-1.5hrs regardless of how much I drink etc through the day. Sleeping soundly in between but could really do without it although apparently it's the reason I'm not currently retaining fluid which is good, rings are still on! 🤗

babyblabber Tue 23-Aug-16 13:57:11

Ugh it's just so annoying! This is DC4 so no chance of naps I'm afraid!

PotatoBread Tue 23-Aug-16 15:37:24

Ah sorry OP, my DD is my first so could still take advantage of pregnancy naps after work. The 24/7 constant piddling was tedious - think my record was 2 minutes between pees grin

KarenLF Tue 23-Aug-16 16:15:43

I'm the same as you! 15 weeks and I have a notoriously weak bladder so am used to going to the toilet lots but even I've been surprised at how much I've been getting up in the night!

Titchypanda Tue 23-Aug-16 20:52:22

First trimester I was going about 7 times a night. Now in second I go about 3 times. Although some days I seem to be peeing every ten minutes!

My sister tells me to take advantage of being able to actually pee, by the time she had her daughter, she had to pee every few minutes and only trickles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now