Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First midwife home visit

(4 Posts)
MrsKBill Tue 23-Aug-16 06:18:22

Good morning!!

I have my first home visit from my midwife tomorrow before my scan in a weeks time.
What happens on the first home visit?

Nikki2ol6 Tue 23-Aug-16 07:01:51

It may be your booking? Where they go through the questionnaire in your notes with you? Basically they just sit down with you in your home and ask you lods of family history stuff and stuff about other pregnancies you have had. Also where you would like to give birth. My midwife also took my blood at home. This was the only time she did visitor me at home until the day after my baby was born X

Emochild Tue 23-Aug-16 07:05:39

Never had a home visit until after the children were born

If it is your booking in then it's just lots of questions about you and your partner's medical history and ethnic heritage (they screen for different things depending on heritage)

It's nothing to worry about

MrsKBill Tue 23-Aug-16 07:16:47

Thank you ladies!
I've had my first booking appointment where there were lots of filling in forms - this was done with a different midwife as my midwife was on annual leave. My new midwife then rang to say she would do a home visit to introduce herself etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now