Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh my god my arse....

(5 Posts)
Rubberduck2 Sun 21-Aug-16 17:07:48

Am 26 weeks and have developed a pain in my arse that is almost unbearable. It started over night and feels like that awful moment when you're sat on the loo and know what's coming and you are helpless to stop it, but it's there all the time!

Walking has become an issue and for the first time this entire pregnancy I'm not constipated, actually I went to the loo yesterday and was overjoyed at the ease (sorry - it's the little things now that I get happy about) so am a bit stumped as to what this could be? Has anyone else had this? I don't know how I'm going to cope with this if it doesn't bugger off soon! Ta lots.

Pippin8 Sun 21-Aug-16 17:16:13

? Internal piles?

Rubberduck2 Sun 21-Aug-16 17:18:35

Oh god I hope not! How would one go about finding out the answer to that when anyone coming towards me with a gloved finger would be at serious risk of loosing their life?

I shall have a Google, ty for the suggestion.

Sdot1987 Sun 21-Aug-16 17:22:40

Argh! Your post sounds like it was written by myself when I was around 20 weeks. I went to the doctor and confirmed the pain was an anal fissure sad...unfortunately due to pregnancy I couldn't be prescribed anything to help. Just a change of diet to include loads more fruit that I was already eating anyway. I continued to use haemorrhoid cream to help ease the pain and after a couple of days I could walk again. I feel you pain flowers

BlossomCat Sun 21-Aug-16 17:25:10

My mum gets regular proctalgia (pain in the arse) and swears by having a hot drink when it starts, and having a soak in the bath if that doesn't help.
It sounds ouchy, maybe get someone to kiss it better? wink feel better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now