Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Washing powder

(5 Posts)
Kidneybean2016 Sat 20-Aug-16 14:18:21

Hi everyone! I'm 34 + 6 and decided the other day to start washing baby's clothes now the nursery furniture is finally up. Hadn't realised and washed so far in bio. Is that a really big no-no? Should I re-wash, keep going or wash rest in non-bio? My husband does have excema but what I've the powder that I've used is fine for his skin. Sorry for the silly message. Appreciate any advice.

pippistrelle Sat 20-Aug-16 15:27:01

I think there's no actual clinical evidence that a bio powder is any more likely to cause irritation than a non-bio one, so there's no real need to start again. However, I know that - anecdotally - some people say they have less irritation with a non-bio. So, I think it just comes down to whether you're okay with it, or whether you'll be turning it over in your mind for the next few weeks.

PitchFork Sat 20-Aug-16 15:29:54

bio is fine.
washes much better anyway.
more important than type of detergent is that clothes are rinsed properly.

twoundertwowillbefun Sat 20-Aug-16 21:44:50

It's not an issue outside the UK and Ireland as they only use bio (generally) It's absolutely fine, don't waste your time rewashing....

On another note, my LO had eczema from non-bio so I've swapped to Bold and that seems to be fine for her sensitive skin

Kidneybean2016 Mon 22-Aug-16 08:09:35

Thanks everyone. I feel less stressed now. Phew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now