Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gender guesses please :)!

(21 Posts)
lissaconnelly9 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:01:13

Hello!!

I have long been a lurker of mumsnet but I only joined once I found out that I was pregnant! So this is officially my first post!!

Anyway, I've finally had my 12 week scan and have attached a few pictures from it in the hopes that some of you ladies might be able to give me your best gender guesses smile I'm not swayed either way - this pregnancy was unplanned and will be my first, but I would be happy with either a boy or girl... I'd just love to see what some of you who understand nub/skull theories etc think.

TIA!

Mummymulb16 Thu 18-Aug-16 20:49:02

Pure guess but think girl congrats x

Michelle91 Fri 19-Aug-16 00:44:59

I think pink 😊😊 congratulations xx

lissaconnelly9 Sat 20-Aug-16 08:39:21

Ahhhh thank you both for your guesses! Anyone else?

Advicepls7080 Sat 20-Aug-16 08:40:52

Also saying girl! The 3rd pic is Lovely and clear isn't it!

lissaconnelly9 Sun 21-Aug-16 22:54:41

Eee thanks everyone!!

Yes, a few people have said that to me, but these pictures were from a private scan that I booked last week for reassurance and I'm not sure whether this makes any difference in quality/whether the songographer would have tried harder to get a clearer picture etc confused .

I have my routine NHS scan this Wednesday, so I might compare the pictures and see if there's any difference (although I'm hoping there won't be) smile

Darcychu Sun 21-Aug-16 23:00:50

i agree, looks like a girl :D Keep us updated!

Nikki2ol6 Mon 22-Aug-16 08:19:54

There is stacking on top of the nub which usually means boy but your stacking is pointing down so I'd indeed say that's a girl! How many weeks and days were you on these scans?

lissaconnelly9 Mon 22-Aug-16 08:36:26

The lady who scanned me didn't want to give me an exact date as she said that the NHS will do that and no matter what she says I'll have to go off their dates, however she put me at around twelve weeks. I have my NHS scan on Wednesday and will get a proper date then, so I'll put a picture up from that scan once it's done & see if anyone's opinion changes.
It's such an exciting time - I know it's all just a bit of fun, but it is interesting seeing what people think based on a theory and it will definitely be entertaining to see who was right when I have my gender scan!

LimpetBaby Mon 22-Aug-16 09:23:52

Girl!

MrsJamesFraser Mon 22-Aug-16 09:25:27

Going against the grain and saying boy! Please come back and tell us smile good luck with rest of pregnancy

lissaconnelly9 Mon 22-Aug-16 19:46:25

I will 100 percent keep you all updated smile thanks for the well wishes xxx

miserablesod Tue 23-Aug-16 11:43:31

Boy. Nub points up.

lissaconnelly9 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:32:13

Hi ladies smile

I've had another scan today and been dated at 12+5 (so the last scan pictures were from 11+6).

I've attached the photo from today's scan to see if anyone's opinions on the gender changes or if the nubs any clearer for guessing purposes. Gender scan is booked for just over 3 weeks time so I'll be sure to update then!

Thanks again halo

lissaconnelly9 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:33:07

Oops - sent too early.

Here's the pictures from today smile

Dogsmom Wed 24-Aug-16 23:14:44

I think both sets look like a boy.

lissaconnelly9 Thu 25-Aug-16 12:59:56

I've booked in my gender scan for 19th September, so I don't have long to wait - still, it feels like forever away! I am very, very impatient, if you can't already tell!

MrsJamesFraser Fri 23-Sep-16 20:23:15

How did gender scan go Lisa?

lissaconnelly9 Fri 23-Sep-16 21:08:47

Baby's a healthy, 100% boy!

Thanks for asking smile

MrsJamesFraser Fri 23-Sep-16 22:02:55

Fab news! Good luck with rest of your pregnancy smile

Annabrooke90 Sat 24-Sep-16 14:04:12

I was going to say definitely a boy from the first scans, clear boy nub stacking. But then saw your update. Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now