Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain during sex

(6 Posts)
user1464517868 Wed 17-Aug-16 22:06:26

I am 18 weeks pregnant and me and my boyfriend havnt had a lot of sex during pregnancy during to how sick I felt and how tired I was. I finally have my energy back and we keep trying to have sex but it's like my vagina is too tight and it just won't go in without it burning and hurting me so much! We use plenty of lubricant. If we are lucky enough to to get it in i become very soar and swollen, and will hurt for a day or two after?! Can anyone help?

Karmin Wed 17-Aug-16 23:59:05

I find it the same, I do need a lot of setting up... But also I struggle to orgasam as well (tmi sorry) and to be honest it's more because I'm just not as interested at the moment.

Everything is a lot more swollen as blood flow has increased in that area and it can cause pain, just take it gently and maybe start slow with massage and touching

Moggysinger Thu 18-Aug-16 22:04:43

I think thrush can cause pain during sex ... Could it be that? Do you have any other thrush symptoms such as itching? Unusual discharge?

MeDownSouth Fri 19-Aug-16 17:10:34

It seems pain during sex is common in pregnancy (I googled it after having the same problem) and it can be worse if you're dehydrated. We've kinda given up as we're both tired, I feel yucky and he doesn't want to hurt me.

Trulyamnearanear Fri 19-Aug-16 19:38:41

Could you be tensing up because you're expecting the pain again. Trite as it sounds could you try non piv for a while?

Becciilouisex3 Fri 19-Aug-16 20:49:53

I experienced this exactly and it's horrible! It makes sex unbearable but you want to be intimate. I have found a rather nice way to solve it haha!

We were also using lubricant so I thought that dryness wouldn't be a factor however, I have noticed that if OH puts his mouth to good use for 5 minutes (TMI!!) it helps to the point sex is as it was before.

I think it might be due to the vagina tightening in pregnancy anyway plus the increased blood flow which swells the vagina slightly, more so in some women than others probably. Also, it might be worth getting checked out for thrush or BV too as this can be the cause of the symptoms in some cases smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now